Asuga Hey have you guys noticed cracks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnthonyJaques

Reaction score
I recently bought a set of asuga arms for a project and they came with cracks everywhere have you guys noticed any these are new and never used
1000005499.jpg
1000005493.jpg
1000005491.jpg

I recently bought a set of asuga arms for a project and they came with cracks everywhere have you guys noticed any these are new and never usedView attachment 5934View attachment 5935View attachment 5936
Those look a lot like stress cracks but they could also be due to any number of errors during the manufacturing process. I see many plastic manufacturers across all fields at the moment running into supply chain issues especially with plastic additives, hardeners, colorants and even catalysts so it even possible that the plastics have changed due to supply levels. Either way, they should have never made it out if manufacturing, that crap needs to be caught in quality control. I would bring it to their attention and make it “their” problem. I get that manufacturers need to make changes do to supply levels, but that should never sacrifice quality.

Where did the parts come from? Definitely wouldn't use them myself. Some look like defects, though there appears to be some signs of physical damage in a couple spots. As if the parts were run over or otherwise stressed/damaged physically to me.

Where did the parts come from? Definitely wouldn't use them myself. Some look like defects, though there appears to be some signs of physical damage in a couple spots. As if the parts were run over or otherwise stressed/damaged physically to me.
That’s what I was wondering? It almost looks like they have been used already.

Those look to be moulding flow lines. Likely cause for this is the processing temperatures - cold polymer being injected into a moulding die that's too cold, so the liquid is too stiff to fully fuse.
Often the first items in the run will be discarded until everything comes up to temp, but it looks like they sent them out anyway.
Can't tell how deep the surface features are, but honestly I'd be returning these for an exchange/refund.

Used, but too clean to be.. weird. Almost like they got driven over, or the package got crushed. Possibly well before they were packed and shipped to the OP? IDK.

Those look to be moulding flow lines. Likely cause for this is the processing temperatures - cold polymer being injected into a moulding die that's too cold, so the liquid is too stiff to fully fuse.
Often the first items in the run will be discarded until everything comes up to temp, but it looks like they sent them out anyway.
Can't tell how deep the surface features are, but honestly I'd be returning these for an exchange/refund.
You may be right, I've never worked in the field myself, but regardless, I'd be contacting the seller pronto. Not cool. Pun intended, LOL.

They are new pull offs from jennys and Ted is taking care of me I also contacted Luke at corally to check there mounds I do know a little about extrusion and to me they look like they were cooled way to fast cracks all over the place on all the lowers. But no they've never been used. To be honest I've been working on corally rigs for a couple years and in there recent lime light the quality has plummeted that and now all production is done in china wasn't always that way, biggest bullshit I saw spur has gotten thinner I measured 3 spurs 46 and 2 52s one brand new one a year old and the 46 2 years old 46 was 4.2 the one year 52 is 4mm and the brand new one is 3.8mm and cast gears instead of cnc then you add the poly nonsense I'm a little disappointed

Jennys rc never used I've emailed Ted and also contacted corally I will hear back soon I do a lot of buisness with jennys I doubt he's going to leave me hanging on that when I got more arrma projects coming

Some are worse than other Def not ok this is for a stunt rig no go I've contacted Ted at jennys he's going to take care of it

Jennys new pull offs Ted is taking care of it definitely think it was cold extrusion.

Those look a lot like stress cracks but they could also be due to any number of errors during the manufacturing process. I see many plastic manufacturers across all fields at the moment running into supply chain issues especially with plastic additives, hardeners, colorants and even catalysts so it even possible that the plastics have changed due to supply levels. Either way, they should have never made it out if manufacturing, that crap needs to be caught in quality control. I would bring it to their attention and make it “their” problem. I get that manufacturers need to make changes do to supply levels, but that should never sacrifice quality.
I agree they moved there factory to China several years ago absolutely not ok

I've learned that the skeeter platform is a one off no 7085 braces or chassis for this model I figured it was a standard swb but nooo only small differences like a swb oriented backwards short driveline rear long front so stupid I love the skeeter specially widened and 6s ausome jumper but the rig I'm building now is going to be rather unique.

Last edited:
Gotcha, JRC. Ted is a fair guy for sure, has done me right in the past too. I have spent a good amount there over the last 4 years.
TC customer service has also treated me well.
Doesn't give much confidence for QC, but Corally certainly isn't the only one being affected these days sadly.

Back