Punisher Got another TC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyncR

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
So after being really impressed with my Sketer I decided to get a 6S model, was tough deciding between this, the Jambo and the Asuga, in end tho I decided might as well get truggy and compare it to my K6S EXB and Sledge, and after seeing CommanderAstig on YouTube beatdown on his Punisher it pushed me bit more towards it

It arrived about hour ago, got a T2T brace kit and some HD shock rod ends, would've got hubs too but didn't have stock, I'm going to leave it mostly stock long as I can other then changing oils and radio gear, the only real aftermarket upgrade I'm thinking of doing is customrc +10mm axles so backflip 6S fit better

I'll post results of first bash session when it happens (weather is just shite here)

So after being really impressed with my Sketer I decided to get a 6S model, was tough deciding between this, the Jambo and the Asuga, in end tho I decided might as well get truggy and compare it to my K6S EXB and Sledge, and after seeing CommanderAstig on YouTube beatdown on his Punisher it pushed me bit more towards it

It arrived about hour ago, got a T2T brace kit and some HD shock rod ends, would've got hubs too but didn't have stock, I'm going to leave it mostly stock long as I can other then changing oils and radio gear, the only real aftermarket upgrade I'm thinking of doing is customrc +10mm axles so backflip 6S fit better

I'll post results of first bash session when it happens (weather is just shite here)
Sweet!! You must have gotten the '21 model if it didn't have the t2t brace or upgraded hubs? According to TC these items are now included..

Screenshot_20230726-085133_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sweet!! You must have gotten the '21 model if it didn't have the t2t brace or upgraded hubs? According to TC these items are now included..

View attachment 4311
Yeah, £360 I paid new for older model, about £55 for hubs + T2T vs around £500 before shipping and tax from Corally, so good bit of saving really if you don't mind fitting the new parts

Yeah, £360 I paid new for older model, about £55 for hubs + T2T vs around £500 before shipping and tax from Corally, so good bit of saving really if you don't mind fitting the new parts
I agree, I don't even run a t2t brace. More hassle than worth for my use. The hubs are nice to have, it's the drive cups that I had problems with on my 21 XTR. They wore way too fast. However, TC warranted them with the spring steel. No problems with those.
My brother picked up an XP rtr kronos last year, it's a 21 model. Not alot of use on it yet, only problem he's had is the stock servo already gave up. I went through 2 TC servos myself before moving on to something else..while a bit slow, I much prefer the DS servos to either TC or TRX rtr servos. Cheaper too.😎

I agree, I don't even run a t2t brace. More hassle than worth for my use. The hubs are nice to have, it's the drive cups that I had problems with on my 21 XTR. They wore way too fast. However, TC warranted them with the spring steel. No problems with those.
My brother picked up an XP rtr kronos last year, it's a 21 model. Not alot of use on it yet, only problem he's had is the stock servo already gave up. I went through 2 TC servos myself before moving on to something else..while a bit slow, I much prefer the DS servos to either TC or TRX rtr servos. Cheaper too.😎
I've got a 9imod 35kg I'm probably gonna swap into it, I need couple servos for few other cars, dunno get more of these on slow boat from China or just get those DS Amazon special servos

Aye heard the older black cups wear fast, hoping the breakers I use here in UK get restock on them soon so can save little bit, they do have a motor + esc combo tempted pick up and slot into my Typhon

Speaking of motor + esc tho, had quick run up and down street, wasn't even on fully charged lipo and damn these are pretty decent out box, might still slap a 15T on it tho haha

I've got a 9imod 35kg I'm probably gonna swap into it, I need couple servos for few other cars, dunno get more of these on slow boat from China or just get those DS Amazon special servos

Aye heard the older black cups wear fast, hoping the breakers I use here in UK get restock on them soon so can save little bit, they do have a motor + esc combo tempted pick up and slot into my Typhon

Speaking of motor + esc tho, had quick run up and down street, wasn't even on fully charged lipo and damn these are pretty decent out box, might still slap a 15T on it tho haha
The TC rtr servo was great, till it wasn't.. I know some will disagree with me but, they just don't last for me, or my brother..🤷‍♂️
I love the TC 6s combo though, just rips!! Which is why if I were to buy an Asuga, I'd choose the rtr for sure. Even if I wanted more power in it, that 6s combo will work great in any 1/8 scale rig.

The TC rtr servo was great, till it wasn't.. I know some will disagree with me but, they just don't last for me, or my brother..🤷‍♂️
I love the TC 6s combo though, just rips!! Which is why if I were to buy an Asuga, I'd choose the rtr for sure. Even if I wanted more power in it, that 6s combo will work great in any 1/8 scale rig.
To be fair the one in my sketer has held up so far, the whole steering assembly started coming loose tho, so rethreadlocked what I could and tightened rest up, tonight I'll be going though this punisher doing diffs, T2T and threadlocking stuff

Is shipping worth it tho?
Depends.. I got the upgraded hubs for free but paid $25 shipping from Belgium to US.
In that scenario, no, but they weren't available to buy in the US at the time so🤷‍♂️
The cups they warranted were completely free though, they came from TC'S US distributor.

Depends.. I got the upgraded hubs for free but paid $25 shipping from Belgium to US.
In that scenario, no, but they weren't available to buy in the US at the time so🤷‍♂️
The cups they warranted were completely free though, they came from TC'S US distributor.
I'll drop em a email just to see what it'd come with, might be worth it

Took punisher out for it's maiden, had few issues, servo I installed is way too slow for my liking so deffo gotta swap that out in future, ESC did stop during run and had to be rebooted, not had that issue with the 135 in my sketer

On to main problem, and honestly a problem of my making really, but on first jump the ball popped out hub, I should've installed HD hubs I have straight away but I thought normal hubs would last first bash or two so my session was cut short :(

IMG_20230729_182643.jpg

My Punisher upgrades were
  • HD hubs
  • tower-to-tower brace
  • HD shock ends
  • Ackerman steering plate doubler
Apart from that, it's been an excellent basher😀👍

Back