Punisher Fresh cut grass........everywhere!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffwazz

Reaction score
So, whilst Chuck was being fitted with his new hat, I was off down to another local BMX track for some pre-quiche bashing.

Typical British summer weather of drizzle and heavier rain, but 3 packs through and some excellent jumps off the doubles, triple and the berm onto the fresh cut grass.
I had an excellent time, and then spent the rest of the afternoon picking bits of grass out of the chassis 😫
20230506_122348.jpg

All time spent with RCs is good time though😁

So, whilst Chuck was being fitted with his new hat, I was off down to another local BMX track for some pre-quiche bashing.

Typical British summer weather of drizzle and heavier rain, but 3 packs through and some excellent jumps off the doubles, triple and the berm onto the fresh cut grass.
I had an excellent time, and then spent the rest of the afternoon picking bits of grass out of the chassis 😫
View attachment 3902
All time spent with RCs is good time though😁
Prepare to fry your electronics like that!!!

You need a cover. I think if you run on grass or anything off road. 👍

IMG_20220913_184202.jpg

Fortunately the drivetrain remained free spinning and the fan carried on running. Also being almost UK summer, the weather was only 12°C!

Very tempted with those covers though.

I've forgotten on occasion and run in fresh cut grass. I've never gotten that much grass in my chassis, but it was still a pain to clean it all out. My compressor helps a bit in drying the grass and blowing it out.

Fresh grass clippings really stick to everything and are not that easy to get out. On the XTR, it's pretty straight forward to stop it getting in in the first place, just by using a cover. I've had no problems with the Dusty Motors one. Plenty of air gets through.

I like grass racing though - case of having to in the UK! 🤣

I let things dry out before cleaing generally, much easier to clean I find. Brush, compressed air, and ready to do it over again.
I don't do alot of grass ripping though, more mud.. I haven't given the dusty motors covers a shot. I did try the one included with the Kaiju once. Seemed to run even hotter.. but then, that thing just runs hot anyways so🤷‍♂️

For mine (same British conditions!) dandelions and grass wrapped around the axles 😫 wasn’t too bad inside but I like the cover, can you get one for a Muraco?
I believe they do several different sizes - check out the dusty motors website.

In the UK, Modelsport sell them.

Size guide:

SizeShroud length*Chassis side length
S
21 cm / 8.3 inches​
20-22 cm / 7.9-8.7 inches​
S+
24 cm / 9.5 inches​
23-25 cm / 9.1-9.9 inches​
M
27 cm / 10.6 inches​
26-28 cm / 10.2-11.0 inches​
M+
30 cm / 11.8 inches​
29-31 cm / 11.4-12.2 inches​
L
33 cm / 13 inches​
32-34 cm / 12.6-13.4 inches​
XL
36 cm / 14.2 inches​
35-37 cm / 13.8-14.6 inches​
XXL
39 cm / 15.4 inches​
38-40 cm / 15-15.7 inches​
XXXL
42 cm / 16.5 inches​
41-43 cm / 16.1-16.9 inches​

For mine (same British conditions!) dandelions and grass wrapped around the axles 😫 wasn’t too bad inside but I like the cover, can you get one for a Muraco?
I would guess one made for the Arrma Kraton/Talion should fit. I have 2 Kratons, 1 Talion and 2 Kronos models here. They're all about the same size chassis and similar layout as the Muraco. The biggest difference between the Arrma and TC models are the front and rear tower braces. Corally has more bracing to wrap a cover around. You could always drop them a line to ask. I bet they're familiar with the TC models by now.

What dusty cover will fit the Sketer and Asuga? What should i measure to know that?
Well Large universal dusty motors cover fits Kronos XTR no issues. So for the Asuga, you're probably looking at XL or even XXL - have you had a chance to measure the chassis length? (Chassis side length)

Isn't the Asuga about the same length as the LWB truggies? I think it is?

Back