Fitting a fan in a Sketer..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid that's what you are facing if you want the fan in that place.
😔 But of you look at step 3 the motor is still in place 🤔
And if i buy the fan holder, do i need something to keep it in place? Tie wraps or something

😔 But of you look at step 3 the motor is still in place 🤔
And if i buy the fan holder, do i need something to keep it in place? Tie wraps or something
I don't have a Sketer so can't tell you how they do that.
And yes the tie wraps are installed within minutes!

Got the Corally 30mm fan and the fan holder. Gonna install it when i have the time and post a photo. To be continued 😉

Update: done 💪
The original tie wraps that came with the holder where a pain to install. A bit short so i took longer ones

IMG_20220311_152248.jpg

IMG_20220311_152212.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks but cant reach the screws. Only way is to to remove the motor and servo also. Or am i missing something. Would be a lot of extra work.
I know you have already done it differently… but just for others who probably come along later and would like to install a 30mm fan in the little tray behind the motor: One screw to keep the fan in place is sufficient and this can be inserted easily without doing any disassembling.

D6A51261-8AA8-4082-B63F-36C5DC53205E.jpeg

Last edited:
I know you have already done it differently… but just for others who probably come along later and would like to install a 30mm fan in the little tray behind the motor: One screw to keep the fan in place is sufficient and this can be inserted easily without doing any disassembling.

View attachment 1848
Nice, gonna give it a go but i don't think the standard receiver has room to power another fan. Or am i missing something

Simply use a Y-cable … that’s what I did to power both, headlights and fan. The BEC from the stock ESC can deliver up to 4A, so no problem.
0FA2313C-1313-456E-A91A-82E0C9751964.jpeg

Last edited:
I know it's been touched on above... but corally confirmed there's 10 screws that need to be removed in order to remove the side skirt to install fan into the designed fan holder. 4 screws are under the servo. Also... yes the motor has to be removed, along with the skid plates to access screws underneath.

Seems a bit convoluted... I think they could have come up with something better/ easier. Also the 30mm fan I got - the wire wasn't long enough to reach to the receiver, so I had to get an extender. That was a bit annoying.

With all this in mind probably easier, and perhaps more effective, to install the fan differently as others above have done.

Again, only if you do want to secure it with both screws you have to do all this disassembly. But even without any screws the fan sits already tight in the fan holder and one screw to secure it can be easily inserted without removing anything (see also post #24).
This way it only takes 5 min. to install it 👍

Last edited:
Back