Sketer First Sketer Breakage...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
Suffered my first real Sketer breakage today following a bad landing from a moderate jump. I thought (hoped) that it was just a popped out hub, but nope, a bent axle shaft shaft...bummer! I've been impressed with durability so far having run about 20 packs without any problem (except that dumb front bumper).

20220508_172742.jpg

Suffered my first real Sketer breakage today following a bad landing from a moderate jump. I thought (hoped) that it was just a popped out hub, but nope, a bent axle shaft shaft...bummer! I've been impressed with durability so far having run about 20 packs without any problem (except that dumb front bumper).

View attachment 2342

And in the scheme of things replacing those shafts is pretty simple and inexpensive. I had something happen today too... still trying to diagnose. Significant block somewhere in drivetrain... might be rear diff. Gonna have to dig into it this week 😓

And in the scheme of things replacing those shafts is pretty simple and inexpensive. I had something happen today too... still trying to diagnose. Significant block somewhere in drivetrain... might be rear diff. Gonna have to dig into it this week 😓
Good luck exploring the problem... fingers crossed that it's an easy and cheap fix.

Nice. First break after 20 packs. Impressive! The car is tough indeed. Luckely the parts are not that expensive. My bumper is still oke. don't ask my why. Will break it at some point 🤣

Good luck exploring the problem... fingers crossed that it's an easy and cheap fix.

Not sure what it was... opened everything up and whatever was jamming it up must have dropped out. I did add diff fluid to the rear and also deleted the wheelie bar. Had to glue to my tires for the first time too. So your crossed fingers worked!!

If you have 3 bolts and a vice that is an easy fix.
View attachment 2350
I've bent things back into shape in my vise before but usually doing so involved a hammer. This 3-bolt strategy looks a bit more precise. A new shaft is in the mail but I'll definitely try this out to keep a spare on hand. Thanks for the tip!

Back