Drive axle thickness any thicker short axles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnthonyJaques

Reaction score
During my builds I noticed the longer axles are thicker than the short, anybody know why or if they make thicker? I got a 6s skeeter and I've built it several different ways but I think for durability short arms long hubs would be better than long arms short hubs, but I noticed the short axles are not as thick which worries me a bit. I decided against doing long arm due to the changes needed to the towers for shocks to work proper. Idk any ideas are appreciated.

During my builds I noticed the longer axles are thicker than the short, anybody know why or if they make thicker? I got a 6s skeeter and I've built it several different ways but I think for durability short arms long hubs would be better than long arms short hubs, but I noticed the short axles are not as thick which worries me a bit. I decided against doing long arm due to the changes needed to the towers for shocks to work proper. Idk any ideas are appreciated.
I've got new carbon fiber on this next upgrade so I don't want to mess with my towers.

There's a good reason the longer axles are thicker: for the same diameter and material, longer axles can flex more, while shorter axles flex less. The longer axles are made thicker to reduce flex.

Back