Kronos Don't really know if i'm done with my Kronos V1.6 and will buy an XTR instead ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS RC

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos
This is the last rebuild of my Kronos V1, i call it V1.6, 6 times torn down and rebuilt :) Will post a build log.

Kinda destroyed V1.5 at the monster ramp, harsh landings on hard dirt with lots of rocks,
rebuilt it even stronger, tried again and walked home with a whole car except for a broken battery strap and sligthly bent ackerman.

Now preparing for bash season 2022, i'm can't really decide if i'm gonna give this up and buy an XTR 2022, it does look supernice but what do i really gain ?

Arrma shocks, reinforced 7075 hingepin plates, lowered 52t center diff, 3d printed wingmount, chassi brace @TpParts RcXtreme style, M3 rear skid, RPM bumper, V2 arms, stock motor and esc, stock radio.

Juni2 054a_resize.JPG

Juni2 053a_resize.JPG

I can tell you, you got the itch!
You want a new one.....the only remedy is to buy it, i know eventually you will, so just do it now!
The XTR 2022 is a monster (y)
oh yeah got the itch for sure, but still wonder in my mind what do i really gain, a fresher body or two and a nice tower brace :cool: still can't make up my mind

Last edited:
oh yeah got the itch for sure, but still wonder in my mind what do i really gain, a fresher body or two and a nice tower brace :cool: still can't make up my mind
The joy and smell of a new rc off course! Which is not rational but you just need that from time to time, it’s perfectly normal!

What a jump mate 😮
I am a believer if its not broke don't fix it.
You have a good machine there so why spend a lot of money getting essentially the same thing.
You could use that money and get a skeeter and 6s its ass, or a radix 6 for something different ?

You're only a couple hundred bucks away from having a 2022 model equivalent. Just buy the parts to update yours and you'll spend much, much less.

There's a comparison thread that'll get you a shopping list for everything needed.

Or buy a new car just for the grins, then do a MT conversion on your current model. That's a nice option.

What a jump mate 😮
I am a believer if its not broke don't fix it.
You have a good machine there so why spend a lot of money getting essentially the same thing.
You could use that money and get a skeeter and 6s its ass, or a radix 6 for something different ?
thanks, yes that's just it i think, the same thing really just shinier and nicer ;)

You're only a couple hundred bucks away from having a 2022 model equivalent. Just buy the parts to update yours and you'll spend much, much less.

There's a comparison thread that'll get you a shopping list for everything needed.

Or buy a new car just for the grins, then do a MT conversion on your current model. That's a nice option.
Yes, really considering just adding the upgrades i really need. MT conversion that's a nice idea 😊

The joy and smell of a new rc off course! Which is not rational but you just need that from time to time, it’s perfectly normal!
ofc 😊 just the excitement of ordering something new, i spend 10 minutes on youtube and suddenly added 5 new cars to my want list 😂

Back