Kronos Does the Kronos 7075 aluminum diff use different bearings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newkronosuser2709

Reaction score
Are the 7075 aluminum diff for the Kronos bigger bore size around the diff bearings? I’m replacing my stock diffs w the upgraded xtr diff and the bearings don’t fit they seem a lil tight and I can’t get them to go all the way in so I can install the outdrive cup. And reassemble the dif. Do I need bigger bearings? Thanks all

image.jpg

Haven't used them so not positive but can't imagine they'd be different considering the bearing od still has to fit the stock stuff, toss the bearings in your pocket and the diff in the freezer for 20 minutes, probably slip right on, I do this with chainsaw crank bearings all the time

Haven't used them so not positive but can't imagine they'd be different considering the bearing od still has to fit the stock stuff, toss the bearings in your pocket and the diff in the freezer for 20 minutes, probably slip right on, I do this with chainsaw crank bearings all the time
So one shrinks and one expands??

Yeah, on saws I normally heat the bearing with a heat gun as well but considering we're dealing with aluminum here I'm guessing you won't have to, plus I'm not sure how much little bearings with seals can handle so best to start off safe

Yeah, on saws I normally heat the bearing with a heat gun as well but considering we're dealing with aluminum here I'm guessing you won't have to, plus I'm not sure how much little bearings with seals can handle so best to start off safe
you will fry the oil in the bearing with a heat gun better to freeze the bearing and heat the diff up

you will fry the oil in the bearing with a heat gun better to freeze the bearing and heat the diff up
That'll give the opposite effect, the bearing will shrink and the diff would expand making it more difficult to fit. Not that it matters these aren't a press fit design, I'm sure it's just the thickness of the coating on the diff that's causing the issue so simply freezing the diff alone is probably more than adequate

My guess is the black anodizing is preventing the bearing from sliding on. You can try freezing the cup, alternately you can use some fine grit emery cloth to take away some of the anodize too..just be careful not to remove too much.
I have to believe the bearing sizes are the same.

My guess is the black anodizing is preventing the bearing from sliding on. You can try freezing the cup, alternately you can use some fine grit emery cloth to take away some of the anodize too..just be careful not to remove too much.
exactly what was happening I lubed up the shaft and slid it one side at a time until i was able to Install the drive cup. All good thanks guys

Back