Punisher Diff oil in new car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyiron

Reaction score
Hello,

can someone help me? Got a new punisher today and after opening the box I noticed a bit of oil in the battery tray my assumption it’s diff oil. Probably came out during transport? Do you think this is a good assumption without taking the diff apart.

Regards Andy

IMG20221118104804.jpg

Probably transport. What people always advise, check the diff oil. I did not do it with my Sketer. When i changed the diff housing, i was lucky to have oil in them.

Hey Andy, when you opened the center diff, were the gear pins fine? I just bought a Python 6s and the bottom gear pin is in two parts, causing the diff to seize when turning, I bought replacement pins that are one piece, it is very weird. Thanks.

By the way, when I opened mine the chassis was covered in oil from the center diff, that’s why I opened it.

I had a spot of diff oil on the chassis when I opened my Radix6, but the center diff was clean on the outside. I cleaned up the chassis, and there was never a sign of leakage after that.

When I opened mine the bottom pin was not broken, it was perfectly dye cut in two pieces, like it was meant to be that way but the diff was seizing die to the play of the gears. I will take pictures when the replacement parts are here. Car is brand new, have not even been on the road yet.

FC5C6AB8-697D-4661-A9B6-111247A90EBB.jpeg
3956DE4B-6B1C-4A7F-B896-EAA18D795D28.jpeg

Here are pictures of the gear pin, again this car is brand new, came like this from factory. Pin is not broken, there is a perfect cut between the teo parts. Please check your cars center diffs before you run it the first time.

Looks like a fracture of the hardened steel pin. It's possible that the flats weren't aligned, and then on assembly of the case, got crushed and snapped.
Hardened steel has low elongation to failure and could look like a clean cut between the 2 halves.

Back