Asuga Corally truggy tyres on asuga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers
I've just ordered some original 3.8 badlands instead, might see what there like on my sketer, or my mt8

Has anyone tried these on a asuga?
They are 60mm width 142mm diameter
Thinking about picking a set up

https://www.align-trex.co.uk/corall...s-tracer-glued-on-black-rims-c-00180-613.html
Hi Mate, Like morrjr71 said they don't hook up. I bought a Muraco and first drive on grass and a bit of dirt was absolutely horrible essentially was like driving on ice .. I honestly can't believe Corally would choose them to sell the car with they're that bad.. That's when I seen Popalong RC's video on YT and they ran Truggy racing wheels/tyres so I got some Louise T Pirates and the transformation was incredible and now the Muraco is a weapon when I'm racing around with my mates.

I have an Asuga as well and like you have been looking at tyre/wheel options. I ran the SKETER wheels which were good-right OD too... .. I seen a post on here the other day where the guy has the wheels/tyres off the 6S Mojave ,Fortress I think they are, and he loves them. They're a good size in terms of outside diameter. I think I'm going to give them a try next .. I'd love to put the PIRATE racing tyres on it but the slight increase in OD means the shock will bottom out internally before the chassis does on the ground leading to damage/early failure of the shock.. I'm not a jumper hard basher ( we set up tracks and race around) but still won't risk the damage.

Hi Mate, Like morrjr71 said they don't hook up. I bought a Muraco and first drive on grass and a bit of dirt was absolutely horrible essentially was like driving on ice .. I honestly can't believe Corally would choose them to sell the car with they're that bad.. That's when I seen Popalong RC's video on YT and they ran Truggy racing wheels/tyres so I got some Louise T Pirates and the transformation was incredible and now the Muraco is a weapon when I'm racing around with my mates.

I have an Asuga as well and like you have been looking at tyre/wheel options. I ran the SKETER wheels which were good-right OD too... .. I seen a post on here the other day where the guy has the wheels/tyres off the 6S Mojave ,Fortress I think they are, and he loves them. They're a good size in terms of outside diameter. I think I'm going to give them a try next .. I'd love to put the PIRATE racing tyres on it but the slight increase in OD means the shock will bottom out internally before the chassis does on the ground leading to damage/early failure of the shock.. I'm not a jumper hard basher ( we set up tracks and race around) but still won't risk the damage.
Yeah as soon as it was said they weren't great I scrapped the idea
Got a set of original badlands, not for the asuga obviously, but not had a set since they were the tyre to get about 10 years ago

Might take a punt on these, just to be different I guess, lol

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/produc...lr-street-tyres-lp-glued-black-rim-2--1350107

The Fortress 6s from Arrma are the closest in size to the stock Asuga tires, but they are sct type, so smaller OD outer with larger ID inners if that matters. They are tough as nails though, I ran my first set for 2 years on my Mojave 6s (dirt only), on my second set now. Very versatile for dirt. The Arrma Katar T's are a great replacement for the Muraco, almost identical dimensions, also tough as nails. I'm running them on my Mojave now, it has Kraton suspension on it, opened up the wheel wells of the body for clearance. They look and perform very well on the Mojave, 1650 kv 4090 motor with 18t pinion, she gets right along I'll tell ya!😁
I run a clay track at home mostly, so mini pins are the best for me, grass is a rarity, blacktop never.. I just found these on amazon, same dimensions as the Katar T's, but mini pin tread, $35 a set?! Ok, I'll take 2 sets please!!😁😜🍻
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C39VMBWF?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Screenshot_20240506-130405_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back