Compatible Receivers with RTR transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angst

Reaction score
Just getting back I to the hobby and have an old AM crystal receiver/transmitter that I've historically used in various cars/trucks. I've purchased the Radix 6 and excited to receive it in the next few weeks. I was thinking about using the RTR steering wheel for some of my older models, is there a generic receiver that I can buy from Amazon or should I bite the bullet and buy a new radio system completely? I do not race and just bash around my yard and at a local bmx track.

IMHO if you are going to stay in it I would just get a new system. I like my Futaba 4pm and for the features you get the $279 price isn't bad,

Depends on what you are looking for, but bang for the buck, I love the RadioLink. I wish I could carry them, but they are so cheap on Amazon, I can't compete. Anyway, the 4 channel one is by far the greatest deal at $59. Great range, as good as the Spectrums with regards to functionality, will bind to limitless number of cars (only 10 profiles though). Works great. Bought for my kids, and then ended up buying the RC6GS for me. Also, the receivers are 2 for $30, so it won't break the bank as you move up in number of cars.

Amazon - RadioLink RC4GS

The Radix stock transmitter does the job but is an entry level transmitter without model memory.
So you can't use it for multiple models. Also the feel is very cheap if you care for that.
You'll be much better of with a little better transmitter like the FlySky FS-GT5

https://usa.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-...ntry=NL&a=1647185280.7738&akmClientCountry=NL

And receivers are cheap:

https://usa.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-...-p-1058730.html?cur_warehouse=CN&rmmds=search
+1 for Flysky. I've been rocking a couple of GT3B models for over 10 years! They still make it🤣🤣
I think I paid like $30 each, Hobbyking has compatible receivers for under $10 a piece
I know there's much newer tech available but I just don't have a need for it. 10 model memory.. hard to beat IMO.

Correction, it's GT3B.

Back