Python Carbon Fiber or Aluminum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely metal, so either aluminum or titanium, choice of which (for me) is driven by price.
I tend to steer clear of carbon fibre, as greases/oils, sunlight, water etc can cause the resin to break down. And of course a 'lack of talent' moment can cause delamination, loose fibres into the skin etc. Metal can be smoothed with a file, carbon not so much.

20230710_000012.jpg

20230710_000010.jpg

20230710_000005.jpg

Custom 6mm carbon fiber shock tower. Yes it's a modified savage25 with a bigred .28 nitro engine with a novarosi pipe

Your RC is proper clean. Mines only a month or two old and its filthy compared to yours. On another note is it worth fitting a centre brace on the Python although I can’t find one in 7075 black. I have thought of making my own and painting it black.
IMO, no. The short wheelbase rigs, especially small tires like a buggy, aren't nearly as susceptible to chassis bending as the bigger tire'd, longer wheelbase rigs.
I actually don't even use a t2t (center) brace on my Kronos XTR or Kraton EXB. I also don't do big jumps though, maybe 6' up and 20' distance max.. your results may vary if you like "big air".

View attachment 4206

View attachment 4207

View attachment 4208

Custom 6mm carbon fiber shock tower. Yes it's a modified savage25 with a bigred .28 nitro engine with a novarosi pipe
Well obviously I'm loving this post! 😎👍👌

IMO, no. The short wheelbase rigs, especially small tires like a buggy, aren't nearly as susceptible to chassis bending as the bigger tire'd, longer wheelbase rigs.
I actually don't even use a t2t (center) brace on my Kronos XTR or Kraton EXB. I also don't do big jumps though, maybe 6' up and 20' distance max.. your results may vary if you like "big air".
I don't run a T2T brace either. You have to properly wallop the Kronos XTR to bend the 7075 chassis.

Lawn darting and dropping from a great height seems to be the killer. 😬

For people that do the giant air stuff,🤕 the Kronos XTR 22 stuff bolts right on, but I haven't felt the need for it either.

Loving the spring steel outdrives though. Those I need as mine are wearing grooves. My 2 years expires on November, so hopefully they'll send them to me if I pay the difference.🤞

Last edited:
Back