Cap packs when and how..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

Resident hoarder of RC's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
I found this page by accident earlier today and thought it would be very useful for some people, so here it is..!!
Corally have a very good explanation of cap packs and there uses, here is the link, just download whichever version you need (y)
https://www.corally.com/How-To-Install-Your-Cap-Pack/

P.S. @JvG we're all good :cool:

I found this page by accident earlier today and thought it would be very useful for some people, so here it is..!!
Corally have a very good explanation of cap packs and there uses, here is the link, just download whichever version you need (y)
https://www.corally.com/How-To-Install-Your-Cap-Pack/

P.S. @JvG we're all good :cool:
Pfiew!

I do have some trouble with the description:

The idea is to place the cappack as close as possible to the ESC on the battery to ESC wire

1644785264166.png

And this is how it's wired from the factory, useless in my opnion:

1644785350199.png

Btw i'm starting with a 17t pinion 😬

Pfiew!

I do have some trouble with the description:

The idea is to place the cappack as close as possible to the ESC on the battery to ESC wire

View attachment 921

And this is how it's wired from the factory, useless in my opnion:

View attachment 922

Btw i'm starting with a 17t pinion 😬
They way the factory has it will be fine. I doubt the amount of ripple is going to be that severe with a typical basher setup. They are over engineered and limited in the first place. It’s just an added security blanket in this outfit. Now speed runs are a whole different level.

Apologies for the ignorance, but aren't the 6S ESC's that come with Corally RTR able to handle high amps, what type of motor/ battery/pinions are people running that caps would be required?

@Angst : Ok, this is actually a good question... (Long and boring text!)

I'll try to explain as good as I can, since English is not my mother's tongue:
The capacitors are to compensate current peaks which go to the esc. Our escs transform DC into three phased AC with varying frequencies. The technology requires a switching mode power supply, which is the esc.
A result of these switching "process" are pretty high current peaks. As we have already 3 caps in the esc (the ones between the input leads) a certain compensation is already given. Since we go on pretty high currents, it is always good to add a little more, especially when the leads are pretty long!
The capacitors "support" the batteries during strong acceleration when a lot of power is needed immediately, it easier to draw it from the caps than pulling it through the long wires from the batteries.

The bigger the caps, the better the acceleration!

Last edited:
Back