Sketer Bendy Sketer Steering Rack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
For those of you pounding the snot out of your Sketer, how are you dealing with the steering rack and its bendiness? I had heard the piece was not very sturdy and found mine bent on both ends during a teardown and cleaning today. At $23 a whack I'm not interested in replacing this very often. Thoughts?

For those of you pounding the snot out of your Sketer, how are you dealing with the steering rack and its bendiness? I had heard the piece was not very sturdy and found mine bent on both ends during a teardown and cleaning today. At $23 a whack I'm not interested in replacing this very often. Thoughts?
I have had same problem with my kronos xtr. I made one out of alluminum. Made it 2 pieces thick. Then cut the middle out of one to clear the drive cup. Now the ends are double thick with only one hole position at the ends. Making it much stronger

Oh, man that steering rack looks amazing! I have the 7075 TC unit in the mail but if that one fails I just might have to try to Custom RC Upgrades. The price isn't bad at all but shipping to the US would probably break the bank...

Oh, man that steering rack looks amazing! I have the 7075 TC unit in the mail but if that one fails I just might have to try to Custom RC Upgrades. The price isn't bad at all but shipping to the US would probably break the bank...
its expensive but the best there is I would think been titanium

You need the real swiss 7075 T6 Ackermann piece

C-00180-704​

Last edited:
UPDATE...I'm several runs in with 7075 steering rack and results are good so far. Pushed it quite hard today with a few poor landings from about 15 feet and was surprised to see everything straight as could be. Probably won't last forever, but longer than the stock piece would be great.

UPDATE...I'm several runs in with 7075 steering rack and results are good so far. Pushed it quite hard today with a few poor landings from about 15 feet and was surprised to see everything straight as could be. Probably won't last forever, but longer than the stock piece would be great.

It's a big improvement, I haven't bent mine yet. They really need to come with this piece IMO.

Back