Radix Battery tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly my only gripe with TC this far is the battery tray..can't fit 2x3s in it..

I'm actually searching for a 6s battery at least 5000mah that will fit. Got a radix and realised my batteries won't fit.

Anybody find any? I found some 4000mah HRB that will fit.

I'm actually searching for a 6s battery at least 5000mah that will fit. Got a radix and realised my batteries won't fit.

I'm using the HRB 4000mah batteries too. I purchased the large battery tray for the XTR, which fits all the 1/8 vehicles, and it arrived today. I'm not in a hurry to install it since the HRB batteries work.

I'm using the HRB 4000mah batteries too. I purchased the large battery tray for the XTR, which fits all the 1/8 vehicles, and it arrived today. I'm not in a hurry to install it since the HRB batteries work.

Maybe I'll try those. What sort of run time r u getting

Maybe I'll try those. What sort of run time r u getting
I haven't really had it out for a long run session, so I can't answer your question. I did a few upgrades the past few days, and I'm waiting on a shim kit for the upper front suspension arms to run it again.

I got bored and installed the large battery tray into my Radix tonight. The new large size tray barely fits in the short wheelbase chassis of the radix: I had to reroute the wires coming out of the ESC because the bundle of wires was going to be squished against the back end of the chassis dirt guard. The nuts that hold the battery tray on to the chassis are glued: I pushed them out of the old tray and put them into the new tray, but I didn't glue them.

large battery tray.jpg

I drilled new holes and moved my battery tray backwards. Clipped the tray so full size 6s batteries fit nicely. Not hard to do.

View attachment 3619

View attachment 3620

The strip of velcro is only there to provide cushion. Made 2 sets of holes. To make more room.
So the steering post is the battery stop? I suppose it's more secure than the TC setup at least, the TC setup isn't very beefy IMO. Just 2 screws into the plastic tray to hold the battery stop.. I like Arrma's setup much better.

So the steering post is the battery stop? I suppose it's more secure than the TC setup at least, the TC setup isn't very beefy IMO. Just 2 screws into the plastic tray to hold the battery stop.. I like Arrma's setup much better.i don't think the battery will slide foreward. I did have a roll cage on It. I dud crazy jumps and my son aswell. I destroyed the rollcage but it protected the car. Never had an issue with the battery moving at all..I like Arrma stuff. But I dint like those inflated prices.

Not sure what I did there. Lol. The battery box has never been an issue. Bent the steering bell crank ends . But tweeked them back with pliers.

Back