Shogun Battery capacity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes/No, "C" is an index how quickly you can discharge your battery w/o any damage, mAh is the value of the capacity.
6s is always nominally 22.2V

Ive got a 6S corally shogun, running a 50C 4500 mAh can i run a 100C 6000 mAh battery? Will it overload anything?
Thanks
You sure can and you're probably better off doing so, your current battery is only capable of supplying 225 amps whereas the 100c/6000 is capable of 600 amps, that doesn't mean that's what its giving the esc at all times just means it's capable of delivering that when required. There's probably been many times unbeknownst to you your current battery has been a bottle neck. I run mostly batteries in the 5000-7200 mah range all 100c, you'll be fine.

You don't have to worry about too much battery..as long as they fit the tray properly. Bigger batteries equal more weight so they will affect handling to some degree.
My "gauge" of determining if the battery is enough is temperature.. if the battery gets too hot, it's too small. Don't know what specific temperature is considered the limit but, 125f is my limit..so I run the rig and periodically check the battery temp until Im satisfied it's not gonna overheat. Of course everything goes up and down with ambient temperatures too.

To add.. it's the motor that dictates how much current will be needed from the rest of the system, such as batteries and esc. As long as they can provide what the motor needs you're good.

Last edited:
Excellent responses given by all above.

I'd just like to add that the 'C' rating on cells is supposed to give the user some idea of the rate at which the cells can be charged AND discharged at.

So in theory, a lipo battery with higher C rate can have a higher loading placed upon it before it risks being permanently damaged. It can also be charged quicker.

A 6000mah battery with 100c rating can in theory supply 600A (6a x 100c).

The sad fact is, C ratings are often exaggerated by the people that market them. So are capacities.

gensacearespammers, Tattu, CNHL are generally pretty fair with their capacities and C ratings, but be warned - it's a lottery out there! 😅

Greater Capacity = Greater run time.
Greater Capacity = Bigger Pack
Bigger Pack = More Weight

The way I hoon my truck, my 6S 4500mah lasts about 7-8 mins and Temps remain acceptable with 2 fans on the motor in warm weather. Between runs, I have to let my rig cool down anyway, so I'm not sure more than 5000mah would be necessary to be honest - not on 6S at any rate.

Longer runs will inevitably result in more heat.

In colder weather, this may not be such an issue.

Longer run time does appeal though - that's why nitro and petrol rigs still kickass too. ⛽😁

I'd just like to add that the 'C' rating on cells is supposed to give the user some idea of the rate at which the cells can be charged AND discharged at.

So in theory, a lipo battery with higher C rate can have a higher loading placed upon it before it risks being permanently damaged. It can also be charged quicker.

The sad fact is, C ratings are often exaggerated by the people that market them. So are capacities.

gensacearespammers, Tattu, CNHL are generally pretty fair with their capacities and C ratings, but be warned - it's a lottery out there! 😅

The way I hoon my truck, my 6S 4500mah lasts about 7-8 mins and Temps remain acceptable with 2 fans on the motor in warm weather. Between runs, I have to let my rig cool down anyway, so I'm not sure more than 5000mah would be necessary to be honest - not on 6S at any rate.

Longer run time does appeal though - that's why nitro and petrol rigs still kickass too. ⛽😁
Great info! I agree. I like to stay under 6.0ah(6000mah) for "sportier" handling. 10-15 minutes is plenty of run time for me. Usually after 15 min something is either broke or overheated anyways!!😉🤣🤣🍻

Great info! I agree. I like to stay under 6.0ah(6000mah) for "sportier" handling. 10-15 minutes is plenty of run time for me. Usually after 15 min something is either broke or overheated anyways!!😉🤣🤣🍻
So true! Not sure why when I typed gens-ace-r-spam it replaces it with gensacearespammers. 🤔 I take it admin have some kinda issue with gens-ace-r-spam? 🤣

Can anyone here write just G-e-n-s-A-c-e without it being altered to include spammers? 🤔😂

I just call them "Gens".. TBH, not a term or company I refer to very often due to their prices. Simply to much for my tastes. Charger prices are reasonable, batteries, not so much. I have no doubts about their quality, just not paying that much for batteries myself.🤭🤢🤮🤣🤣

I just bought 4, 6s Zeee batteries. 2x4.0ah, 2x5.2ah for $200. One Gens 5.5ah is $130.
Better? Probably, worth it? Not to me😉🤷‍♂️🍻

Last edited:
I just call them "Gens".. TBH, not a term or company I refer to very often due to their prices. Simply to much for my tastes. Charger prices are reasonable, batteries, not so much. I have no doubts about their quality, just not paying that much for batteries myself.🤭🤢🤮🤣🤣

I just bought 4, 6s Zeee batteries. 2x4.0ah, 2x5.2ah for $200. One Gens 5.5ah is $130.
Better? Probably, worth it? Not to me😉🤷‍♂️🍻
In the UK, the 6S 4500 hardcase Gens is about £85 - so far from cheap.

I did try ordering some Lipos from Ampow. Sadly, whilst the Lipos looked promising - once I'd checked which zone for delivery, confirmed stock and then paid the $112 dollars for 2x6S 6000 packs - a day later I had the 'sorry, these are not in stock, click the link to see alternatives' .......which were all 4S. 🙄 Erm...how about 'no, stop wasting my time'.

I have no trouble getting good FPV drone batteries at 4S & 6S in the UK. Or decent 3S packs for my glider.

Decent 6S hardcase packs for the Kronos are rarer than Unicorns. 🤣🦄

Ah.. yes, soft packs here.. perhaps not the wisest thing but, I haven't had an issue with soft packs. Make sure to clean the battery tray thoroughly and straps in good order..then, send it!!😎😁👍
Also, hard case take up quite a bit more real estate in a battery tray..

I did try ordering some Lipos from Ampow. Sadly, whilst the Lipos looked promising - once I'd checked which zone for delivery, confirmed stock and then paid the $112 dollars for 2x6S 6000 packs - a day later I had the 'sorry, these are not in stock, click the link to see alternatives' .......which were all 4S. 🙄 Erm...how about 'no, stop wasting my time'.

I have no trouble getting good FPV drone batteries at 4S & 6S in the UK. Or decent 3S packs for my glider.

I use these and really like them, they went down to £72 during prime day too

Screenshot_2023-07-16-14-05-55-133_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Couldn’t have explained this better myself.

I can recommend Onyx Rc power system for lipo batteries. They are top quality and far from cheap but they perform really well and I have confidence they will last long term, unlike the cheaper batteries sold on Amazon. As long as you always leave them at storage charge and look after them of course.

Couldn’t have explained this better myself.

I can recommend Onyx Rc power system for lipo batteries. They are top quality and far from cheap but they perform really well and I have confidence they will last long term, unlike the cheaper batteries sold on Amazon. As long as you always leave them at storage charge and look after them of course.
The Onyx batteries garnered quite alot of attention, following some record breaking speed runs.

They sound really good. I'd like to try some. 👍

The Onyx batteries garnered quite alot of attention, following some record breaking speed runs.

They sound really good. I'd like to try some. 👍
I have heard Onyx is good too but, waay out of my league!! 🤣🤣
I can buy 4x6s cheapo batteries vs 1x6s Onyx. I know, "worth it" for some.✌

I'd like to see how they perform on speed runs.

Same setup, same motor, esc and gearing etc - just change the batteries and see how if I can beat my personal bests. 😁

Lipos quickly mount up. I consider myself as a recent adopter of Lipos, but I have more than a dozen newly acquired ones. I store them in .50 cal ammunition cases.

I'm seeing improvements with HV Lipos. Less sag. I'd like to see how these perform in the Kronos.

I accept that they're going to cost more, but then I have less rigs than you! 😝😅👍

It’s worth it to me, I’ve tried the cheaper batteries, they work fine initially but don’t last more than a year before the performance degrades. And compared to my Onyx batteries, the performance isn’t as good even when they are new.

I'd like to see how they perform on speed runs.

Same setup, same motor, esc and gearing etc - just change the batteries and see how if I can beat my personal bests. 😁

Lipos quickly mount up. I consider myself as a recent adopter of Lipos, but I have more than a dozen newly acquired ones. I store them in .50 cal ammunition cases.

I'm seeing improvements with HV Lipos. Less sag. I'd like to see how these perform in the Kronos.

I accept that they're going to cost more, but then I have less rigs than you! 😝😅👍
I get it. No arguments here. I couldn't tell ya what speeds any of my rigs can do. Just doesn't matter to me. If I'm not satisfied, I make changes to get it were I want. All " by the seat of the pants" of course.😁👍🍻

I've just looked at the price of Onyx packs in the UK and they're at a kickass price. 5400 6S pack is £84. That's not bad for a Graphene battery! 😎👍

I've just looked at the price of Onyx packs in the UK and they're at a kickass price. 5400 6S pack is £84. That's not bad for a Graphene battery! 😎👍
They are not cheap but comparable price to similar decent batteries and I do trust they are good quality and high performance. I run their 4S 6300mah 75c packs, they perform very well and have a nice quality casing with really thick wiring.

That's really good! Cheapest 4s pack from Onyx is $125 here in US. 6s is $180.. regardless of how good they may be, I can't justify that.🤷‍♂️🍻

Back