BashingBrian's XTR '21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

Resident hoarder of RC's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
Place holder for upcoming build thread, only 1 year late... 🤣🤣

Teaser

IMG_0420.jpeg

Edit: Here goes....

Last edited:
Lets begin... ( this is all last year, I'll let you know when it's 2022 😉👍🏼 )

So I jumped on the 2021 XTR as to me it looked like a good truck vs the more expensive Arrma Kraton EXB which over here was nearly £100 more than the XTR..!!
Didn't have any plans for anything special, was going to use what I had to hand for electronics, that didn't last long as I ended up buying a new esc, servo and motor. 🤣

Quick run over the thing before my first mod, I wanted to change the color of the washers just to be different 😉 so I did just that..
Forgot to take pics of the bottom, but I changed those washers too 👍🏼
I was impressed it didn't need any extra shimming like most of my Arrma's 😉 the plastics all seem quite good and all that 7075 is good..!!

IMG_0077.jpeg

You may notice a big chunk cut out of the side guard on the left, that's for the new esc to be squeezed into that location.!!

IMG_0085.jpeg

Didn't go too wild, just used a 35kg DS servo and a 4082 1650kv inc O-ring support 😉 you all know me by now that's a standard mod..!!
Couldn't help myself I had to braid the motor wires ( I think it was you @RCproponent that started that trend over on the Arrmaforum 😉 I've braided so much stuff since 🤣 )
I've added an extra battery strap lengthways because I don't think the two stock ones will hold a 6s battery securely..

IMG_0080.jpeg

Close up of the cutout for the esc, it fits well once this cutout is made.

IMG_0086.jpeg

Max6 esc in place and screwed down from underneath 👍🏼 tried to keep this build tidy, more silver washer seen below holding servo in place.

IMG_0088.jpeg

I would tell you the pinion size but I can't even remember what it is 😉🤣🤣

IMG_0091.jpeg
IMG_0093.jpeg

Had some Kydex left over from my Mojave build so I made dirt guards for this and my Talion ( more shiny washers 😉) You can also see that I'm using some Arrma wheel nuts, that's because the Corally ones aren't serated 🤔 I just don't trust wheel nuts that are smooth..!!

IMG_0097.jpeg
IMG_0098.jpeg
IMG_0099.jpeg

Fitted some hard foam on top of the rollcage to support the body, and some Backflip LP's 😉

IMG_0418.jpeg

And here it is in all its shiny glory, bling bling 😉🤣🤣

IMG_0403.jpeg
IMG_0401.jpeg

So this is how it stands, stock diff oil all round and running Spektrum DX5c/SR315. I haven't used the stock tyres because I just don't like the look of the them at all, but I've been told they are much better performing than what they look like 😉🤣

I backed the chrome with black, both lexan paints but two different brands and they didn't like each other, the black has decided it didn't want to stay in place..🤪

IMG_0100.jpeg

And that's it.............

Of course that's not the end, since last year I have bought some upgrades 😉 I'll update this soon 👍🏼

What's everyone using for diff oils weight ?? How are you finding the stock tyres ??

So I jumped on the 2021 XTR as to me it looked like a good truck vs the more expensive Arrma Kraton EXB which over here was nearly £100 more than the XTR..!!
Didn't have any plans for anything special, was going to use what I had to hand for electronics, that didn't last long as I ended up buying a new esc, servo and motor. 🤣

Quick run over the thing before my first mod, I wanted to change the color of the washers just to be different 😉 so I did just that..
I was impressed it didn't need any extra shimming like most of my Arrma's 😉 the plastics all seem quite good and all that 7075 is good..!!

View attachment 501

You may notice a big chunk cut out of the side guard on the left, that's for the new esc to be squeezed into that location.!!

View attachment 503

Didn't go too wild, just used a 35kg DS servo and a 4082 1650kv inc O-ring support 😉 you all know me by now that's a standard mod..!!
Couldn't help myself I had to braid the motor wires ( I think it was you @RCproponent that started that trend over on the Arrmaforum 😉 I've braided so much stuff since 🤣 )
I've added an extra battery strap lengthways because I don't think the two stock ones will hold a 6s battery securely..

View attachment 502

View attachment 504

Max6 esc in place and screwed down from underneath 👍🏼 tried to keep this build tidy, more silver washer seen below holding servo in place.

View attachment 505

View attachment 506View attachment 507

Had some Kydex left over from my Mojave build so I made dirt guards for this and my Talion ( more shiny washers 😉) You can also see that I'm using some Arrma wheel nuts, that's because the Corally ones aren't serated 🤔 I just don't trust wheel nuts that are smooth..!!

View attachment 508View attachment 509View attachment 510

Fitted some hard foam on top of the rollcage to support the body, and some Backflip LP's 😉

View attachment 514

View attachment 513View attachment 512

So this is how it stands, stock diff oil all round and running Spektrum DX5c/SR315. I haven't used the stock tyres because I just don't like the look of the them at all, but I've been told they are much better performing than what they look like 😉🤣

I backed the chrome with black, both lexan paints but two different brands and they didn't like each other, the black has decided it didn't want to stay in place..🤪

View attachment 511

Of course that's not the end, since last year I have bought some upgrades 😉 I'll update this soon 👍🏼

What's everyone using for diff oils weight ?? How are you finding the stock tyres ??
I love the way that the braiding looks, and yours especially.. it blends in with all the shiny and chrome :) well done sir!!

All I know is you can never trust smooth nuts… 🤣😂🤣

The stock tyres look cheesy, you got that right.. but they do perform pretty well. If you can imagine a slightly softer backflip 6s… that’s what they remind me of.

Jealous of those mud guards ! Nice touch👌🏻

I used 50k front 200k center and 15 or 20k rear on mine. Seemed to work well.

View attachment 501

View attachment 503

View attachment 502

View attachment 504

View attachment 505

View attachment 514

View attachment 511

Im running 100k center diff oil it's working nice. So far I'm digging the stock tires. But bf lps are great, haven't ran them on the Kronos yet

View attachment 501

View attachment 503

View attachment 502

View attachment 504

View attachment 505

View attachment 514

View attachment 511

So clean looking and so pretty!

That thing came out an art piece so far it’s amazing looking I don’t know if I could run it 😂. Can’t wait to see what you do in the future. Those lp backflips look like they were made for this truck!

Well 🙄, 6 more months have passed and today I broke the stock XTR, only a shock end (and lost the spring and cup)

IMG_8424.jpeg
IMG_8426.jpeg

I still haven't fitted the massive amount of parts I have for this thing, and to be totally honest I hadn't driven it yet, it had just sat on a shelf looking pretty..!!
So today I thought lets do it, and wow what a blast I had.. It handles so much better than a Kraton, personally I think it handles a bit like a race truggy :unsure:

First up was 6s and still with the stock tyres, but one of those tyres decided to come unglued pretty quickly so I switched to trusty ol' Backflip LP's..
Ran the rest of that pack on those tyres, then moved onto a 4s battery to see what it was like. It was slower but more controlled, on 6s it was pretty undriveable as you just couldn't put the power down without it just lifting the front wheels at any speed..!!
I will fix it and test again on 4s with the stock tyres just to try and decide what power to use it at.
I've started to like 4s as it just makes the whole rig lighter, and less weight equals less breakages in my opinion..

Back