BashingBrian's Sketer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I broke the (Arrma tough 🤣😎) Sketer once more....!!
This time I broke the front bumper again and also the wheelie bar, both removed for good now because I'm fed up replacing them, also bent the rear shock tower 🤣 I'm sorry but this proves to me that the bracing does nothing in my opinion..😩

View attachment 2820

Quick strip down and bit of vice treatment and we're as good as new 👍🏼

View attachment 2821

Changed the center diff back to stock 52T and upped the oil to 500k also changed pinion to 18T in the hope that I can get the temps in check once and for all 🤪

View attachment 2822

The next time this thing breaks easily it will be heading for the classifieds 🤔🤣🤣
That sucks. I'm pretty sure once a piece of metal, whether aluminum or steel has been bent, it will bend easier and easier each time?
Also, I don't think the function of the center brace is for preventing the shock towers from bending, it's to keep the chassis itself from bending? Either way, sorry to hear of the breakages. We're still waiting over here for the '22 models to be back in stock unfortunately..
Sounds like HRP is to blame from what I've read. Unfortunately I'm out of the market for any new rigs myself, real world obligations have me tied pretty tight these days..🍻

Yep. 1mm thicker.

No mods needed. I actually added them because I placed the longer 6s arms on it, and the shocks were too short if using the Sketer towers.
Do you feel the towers would work with the stock Sketer arms?

Quick update...
I beat the living snot out of the Sketer today..!! NO BREAKAGES for once :cool:(y) (although the body looks like it's gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson🤪)
Finally decided on the best gearing for my needs, it's going to be 4s from now on with 18T also running the 2.8" Pro-line Badlands and it is so much better.
The @3D-RC.online prototype bumper mount is 100% awesome upgrade.!!

IMG_5717.jpeg

Back