Asuga Asuga wheel nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian986

Reaction score
Hi All my Asuga is arriving on Friday and want to order some wheels nuts that won’t come loose

Will these work ? I have no idea of size

I believe you don’t get a wheel wrench with the Asuga so will this one work ?

Lastly the esc programmer worth getting ?

Thanks
Ian

IMG_7707.jpeg

IMG_7708.jpeg

IMG_7709.jpeg

If my memory is correct that programmer is for their race esc's not the RTR stuff.
Wheel wrench, you just need something that is 17mm, as for wheel nuts I would check eBay, just search for any Arrma 1/8 car and you should get something that fits..👍🏼

For the ESC, I have the Hobbywing LED programming card (Hobbywing Led Program Card General HW30501003 brushless ESC Hobby wing).
Very useful to have, although you'll probably only use it once or twice to set the servo BEC voltage to 7,4v and to check the lipo cut off voltage. Although all the adjustments can be done by counting beeps/flashes - the box makes it so much easier.
Wheel nuts - anything 17mm should be ok. I use blue threadloc (Devcon, plastic safe), and since doing this, none of them have come loose. Mind you, I've also got a spare set in my bag and I never break/loose anything if I've got a spare handy😉
The wrench you've linked to will work nicely, although some also have shock cap wrenches built into the handle and they're good to have.

Hi Fireblade and Jeff Wizz
Thank you for the links I have ordered the wheel nuts in 3 different colours.😀
I ordered the wheel wrench from Amazon as free delivery and I will see how I get on with the car before get the ESC changer any idea if it will work with a Mac ?

I really appreciate you taking time to add the links

Last edited:
No need for a Mac or laptop with the ESC program box. It just plugs into the fan port, and allows you to cycle through the functions, increasing/decreasing the values. There's an index of what's what printed on the box and you can use it anywhere.

Hi Fireblade and Jeff Wizz
Thank you for the links I have ordered the wheel nuts in 3 different colours.😀
I ordered the wheel wrench from Amazon as free delivery and I will see how I get on with the car before get the ESC changer any idea if it will work with a Mac ?

I really appreciate you taking time to add the links
I bought the programmer from Fireblade’s shop and it works great, used it to adjust ‘punch’ and bec voltage. Works perfectly

I had my first drive with the Asuga today! Before I went out i made sure the wheels nuts where tight so I would not loose my nuts :)

I did one run with the 4s Battery and probably half the 6s Battery and front wheel fell off, I could not find the nut as was in field. So Luckily for me I had ordered 3 sets in from the eBay link in Freblades post which arrived very quickly! so went back home to charge up batterys and this time found a disused road to play on which was fun very wet was hard work to keep in a straight line but was fun I need to find some jumps had a few rolls today rear spoiler is a bit of gravel rash on top but apart from that all seems good.

The trim is quite hard to get the car to run straight as the wheels or bushes seem to have a bit of play in them.

Hopefully weather will be better tomorrow and can have some more fun

Just check the balls on the steering arms are tight. I had to threadloc and tighten the ones on the Ackerman plate and hubs as they were almost falling off.
The pivot balls on the suspension arms might also have a little too much slop at the knuckles. They need to be just tight enough, but not bind.
Oh, and the upper inner hinge pin bolt might also need to be tightened trip take out any slop that's developed there.
Just give everything a tweak 👍

I will have a look tomorrow car is covered in mud as took around forest today was having lots of fun until i lost another wheel I even checked them for tightness between runs and these are the serrated nuts now so looks like lock tight is needed now. turned car upside down this morning and a screw fell out and yesterday a red washer was loose in their. I hope when car was being built they dropped them in there and just used new screw and washer as iI found this before i even used it.

I think tomorrow i will give a deep clean and try and check all the bits you said. the back seem just as loose

Wheel nuts again these things are the bane of my life!

I have purchased quite a few nuts from the ebay store that Fireblade Recommended and they have kind of worked but having issues again.

I have been putting thread lock on, maybe bit too much, so much so I could not undo one of the wheels nuts. but in the end got it off. I had to clear all the lock tight from the threads. I have had a few issues where the non corally nuts thread is not as tight as the original wheels nuts to the point thread is wearing out so can just pull off and won't hold wheel the on, so finished my bashing early yesterday. I thought I would have to order new hubs today which no one seems to have in stock, so will have to come from corally then to model shop. but today I tired the original nut and that seems to hold ok.

Any other recommendations for nuts i have been do web searches and can get Nylock nuts for smaller cars but not in 17MM.

A quick video of fun before wheel falling off.

Could this be the answer to wheel nuts coming off ? Nylock wheel nuts Not sure if right size though.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 6.07.31 pm.png

Anyone need the dimension of the nut ? They only have 1 set left in stock so potage is more then the nuts lol

Back