Asuga Asuga Motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Tango

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Shogun
Hello to all and let me start off by saying thanks to anyone that can help a new forum member with a question. Does anybody have any info on a larger motor mount option for the Asuga? Looking for Corally parts in the aftermarket community is a bit of an Easter egg hunt.

Right now I have a castle 1520 1650kv motor installed and running a 19T pinion but that's the max I can squeeze into the stock motor mount. I'm trying to find an option so I can go to a larger motor and larger pinion. I'm in the process to see how fast I can get the old girl moving off road but I'm limited now until I find or build a new motor mount.

Thanks again for any info you can send .my way.

I haven't tried on my asuga but I believe it's the same mount as the 1:8 trucks run so you should be able to fit a 1717/49mm motor, but don't hold me to that. Otherwise you can always get the 46t spur from the radix/python, that should allow you up to roughly a 22/23t pinion or a speedtek spool, I'm running a 36t on my radix with a 30t pinion and still have room for a little more, again this doesn't help for doing a different motor but its options for more speed if nothing else

I had to get the 46t center diff for bigger pinions to fit. I don't think you have many options besides that.

I had to get the 46t center diff for bigger pinions to fit. I don't think you have many options besides that.
Thanks for the response. I really do appreciate it. I have looked high and low and haven't come across any aftermarket options. With all the armma 6s aftermarket parts out there I was really hoping that someone went down the path of producing a mount for big bore motors.

I haven't tried on my asuga but I believe it's the same mount as the 1:8 trucks run so you should be able to fit a 1717/49mm motor, but don't hold me to that. Otherwise you can always get the 46t spur from the radix/python, that should allow you up to roughly a 22/23t pinion or a speedtek spool, I'm running a 36t on my radix with a 30t pinion and still have room for a little more, again this doesn't help for doing a different motor but its options for more speed if nothing else
10-4, thanks for the response

Might be able to use a center diff of a different brand to get an even smaller spur?
I used a TC Python 6s diff in an Xray buggy.. side by side, the TC center diff looks dimensionally identical to an Arrma.. food for thought.🤷‍♂️

Hello to all and let me start off by saying thanks to anyone that can help a new forum member with a question. Does anybody have any info on a larger motor mount option for the Asuga? Looking for Corally parts in the aftermarket community is a bit of an Easter egg hunt.

Right now I have a castle 1520 1650kv motor installed and running a 19T pinion but that's the max I can squeeze into the stock motor mount. I'm trying to find an option so I can go to a larger motor and larger pinion. I'm in the process to see how fast I can get the old girl moving off road but I'm limited now until I find or build a new motor mount.

Thanks again for any info you can send .my way.
Basherqueen makes a carbon fiber plat,e to go under the motor mount, that lifts the motor mount/ center diff housing high enough for large motors. I have a HW MAX6 1650KV COMBO installed in my Punisher and used the 3mm plate. Was only like $20. Installed in minutes. They also make a 2mm plate. There's another company that makes a similar product but I can't remember the name.

Basherqueen makes a carbon fiber plat,e to go under the motor mount, that lifts the motor mount/ center diff housing high enough for large motors. I have a HW MAX6 1650KV COMBO installed in my Punisher and used the 3mm plate. Was only like $20. Installed in minutes. They also make a 2mm plate. There's another company that makes a similar product but I can't remember the name.
Thanks for the response. I have both of the options from basherqueen. I'm looking for an overall better motor mount and something that will enable the use of the big bore motors. I have a Castle 1650kv motor in it now but I want to go larger.

Back