Arrma interchangeable shock parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decline225

Reaction score
Any of you happen to know if the corally shock collars thread on to the body of an arrma shock? Thanks

IMG_2497.png

Never tried, personally. I much rather prefer the Arrma shock collars over the Corally ones. Actually, I prefer the Arrma Kraton shocks over the Corally ones.

They're a direct fit as well, from the stand-offs to the rod ends. So you can basically take a Kraton 6S shock, use the TC shock stand-offs, and then mount it straight on your Shogun, Muraco or Kronos.

Oh, and I whole-heartedly endorse Small Addictions. All my experiences with them have been positive. (y)

Awesome thank you for telling me all that, I kind of figured, but it always helps when you get confirmation and thanks for telling me about smalladdictions.com I keep coming across that site

Awesome thank you for telling me all that, I kind of figured, but it always helps when you get confirmation and thanks for telling me about smalladdictions.com I keep coming across that site
And the arrma shock collars tend to dig into my skin so I’ve been wanting a shock collar with knurling on it instead of pronounced lobes, but they do look cool, now you have me rethinking

Glad to be of help! You can also check LiquidRC on ebay and JennysRC; they both have Corally parts. Jennys is a kit breaker, so they sell parts off of the kits they break down. LiquidRC has replacement parts.

As for the shock collars, I prefer the Arrma since they move more smoothly on the Arrma Shocks and the lobes allow me better grip. The TC collars tend to be a little harder to move. You can ease that up by oiling the oring in the collar, though. My biggest reason for switching to Arrma shocks is that they performed better for me compared to the stock TC ones.

I haven't tried swapping the collars. What I find makes collar adjustments easier is to hold the rig up in the air for the shock you want to adjust, then grab the spring and compress it enough to take the tension off the collar. Spins much easier then.. some rigs are inherently harder to do this with but works for me on most.
I've swapped quite a few shock parts from different brands, pistons, rod ends, bushings, springs.. Arrma, Tekno and TC..the Redcat stuff doesn't play well with those 3. Traxxas either..Traxxas seems to always use a different thread pitch from the rest of the rc world. Ie shock bodies/caps, wheel nuts..🤷‍♂️

Agreed...it's easier to adjust when there's no tension on the spring. As for the shock compatibility, I'm tickled to hear Tekno shocks will work; that was the final stop on my shock journey. I'll put a set on the Shogun and possibly the Python if she ever gets around to being competitive enough.

Back