Sketer Anyone upgraded the ESC fan yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Has anyone upgraded the Torox ESC fans yet? I see the 135 and 185 both list a 30mm fan. I know upgrading my Castle mamba X fans helped with cooling using a rocket fan of the same size. My Max 6 ESCs I use a WHO shroud with a 40mm fan added.

What are the options? Just replace with a better 30mm fan?

I haven't upgraded the Torox fan but I have replaced the Max8 which is about the same size. I've always had pretty good luck with the stock HB ones to be honest.

I would go with the Rocket 30mm. Most of the stock esc fans are rather pathetic.
Yeah. Just got my Sketer - didnt take the ESC cover off, but it looks like a 30mm fan wont fit? Specs say 30mm though.

Yeah. Just got my Sketer - didnt take the ESC cover off, but it looks like a 30mm fan wont fit? Specs say 30mm though.
Maybe it's a 25mm like the Max10 and BLX120. Most of the 25mm aluminum fans I have found cost as much or more than 30mm fans and they come with that tiny little connector like the 10BL60 sensored esc comes with.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The 30mm alu rocket fans are a little too large to fit in the casing of the max8/Toro185. You can remove some of the inner plastics to make it fit.
My favourite plastic fans are the WTF’s. Hudy and Maclan also sell ‘m rebranded. Just threw one on my Toro185 and it blows twice as hard as the stock fan. They are also tougher built.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/wild-t...gh-speed-hv-motor-cooling-fan-wtf3010/p705262
Good info. I see they make a 25mm also - I bet that is what the Torox 135 is (even though the online specs say 30mm). Will take the shroud off later and see what size it is.

BTW, a standard flat square 25x25x10? fan won't last, I think there's too much flex or too much gap or something and the blades will insta-hit the ESC on the first real jump. I'd try aluminum or the half-round/half-square ones that are a little thicker like the stock fan.

BTW, a standard flat square 25x25x10? fan won't last, I think there's too much flex or too much gap or something and the blades will insta-hit the ESC on the first real jump. I'd try aluminum or the half-round/half-square ones that are a little thicker like the stock fan.
Gotta a picture?

On this subject, when people refer to aluminium fans they mean aluminium case fan right? But still plastic blades.
I haven't seen any fully aluminium fans anywhere.

Waiting on my filament to get in and I'm going to print the 40mm mount and I have a 40mm Rocket 16k rpm fan I'm going to throw on it. Only thing left to decide is should I just throw it via RX or run it direct from a small 2sand What should I print for a cover.

@DaniC You are correct aluminum, case but still plastic blade.

Waiting on my filament to get in and I'm going to print the 40mm mount and I have a 40mm Rocket 16k rpm fan I'm going to throw on it. Only thing left to decide is should I just throw it via RX or run it direct from a small 2sand What should I print for a cover.

@DaniC You are correct aluminum, case but still plastic blade.
That's what I thought with the fans.

I think as long as you can get 7.4v on your receiver then that's probably better than the extra weight of a 2s battery.

Back