Asuga Another Asuga Disaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
China produces as good or bad as you want them to. Order crap from manufacturer, you get crap. Simple.
And you cannot simply say it's China. I mean TC should also check what they ordered before selling it!
I know, just having some fun at Chi-na's expense, LOL.
I've always wondered how TC packs so much performance for the dollar compared to the "other guys".. I guess QC, or lack thereof is one way. Not knocking TC, I will still buy their stuff for sure, but I have to admit the made in Taiwan TRX stuff is a step up in quality from Arrma or TC. Design is a different story, but as to manufacturing defects, I don't see much from TRX by comparison to Arrma and TC myself..

FWIW, Tekno is also made in Taiwan, and their quality is top notch. I've been impressed by my 17 year old made in Slovakia Xray buggy as well. It's premium indeed.

Last edited:
China produces as good or bad as you want them to. Order crap from manufacturer, you get crap. Simple.
And you cannot simply say it's China. I mean TC should also check what they ordered before selling it!
My company buys many container loads of parts from Chinese manufactures every year. Some are good, some are bad. Aside from the time delay’s, (this IS the biggest issue dealing with China, I could write you out a 100 page dissertation on the subject and why they do it, it’s mostly intentional on their part BTW, well the government that is).

The QC issues that we “mostly” see when QC issues arise is because our primary manufacturer is out of capacity and they in turn send out our parts to an different manufacturer to make them so they can stay on our timeline, without our knowledge or permission I might add. Thats been by far our biggest issue, their “back up” manufacturing is sketchy at best. We have added a UV dye to our process so when parts arrive we can spot check them. The UV dye is nasty to work with and expensive so the back ups manufacturers usually don’t add it. When the parts arrive, if they don’t glow, they go back. We have also started moving the rest of our manufacturing to Mexico. Their quality and level or tech is literally running past the Chinese like their heads are on fire at the moment and it’s only getting better. I would say that it’s not quite up to India’s level of skill, but Mexico is getting close, fast.

I’m not sure that will help all my brothers and sisters in the EU, but for North America, this trend should mean better quality, lower costs and faster supplies over the next 10 years.

I worked for a plastics broker/recycler back in the nineties. They would buy off spec plastics from all the top manufactures, Dupont, GE, ect, as well as industrial plastic waste, known as drools.. sometimes the plastic pellets might be contaminated, or just simply off spec (recipe). They would sell the off spec stuff for a fraction of the OE material to "little guy" manufacturers. The nasty stuff went on containers destined for China. I can't tell you how many 45,000 pound container loads of contaminated plastic pellets I loaded over those years, but it was many indeed. They would make our kids and dogs toys with it and sell it back to us, LOL..
The drools we used to grind back down to granules, sometimes a plastic drool might weigh a couple hundred pounds. We used a steel shear to cut them down so they would fit the feed chute of our grinders. Was quite a process I have to say, nasty, noisey and dangerous. It wasn't uncommon to see a 30lb "grinder ball' of plastic come flying out the feed chute of the machine during this process.. then there were "meltdowns" where someone "overfed" the grinder and the plastic would get hot enough to melt inside.. talk about a mess.. ugh.

Nasty indeed brother! I’ve had to program several drives that had to be replaced on some of those big monsters. Only slightly better than 10 hours in the damp 33 degree Celsius dairy coolers imo. 👍

Nasty indeed brother! I’ve had to program several drives that had to be replaced on some of those big monsters. Only slightly better than 10 hours in the damp 33 degree Celsius dairy coolers imo. 👍
I recall the "glass-filled" plastics being some of the worst to work with. When we were grinding that, it looked like glitter floating in the air, sparkling under the lights.. wreaked havoc on the machines I recall too. Very abrasive. I'm glad to have moved on from that field of work.

So could Jenny's - who you bought it from. There starts the problem. 'it didn't leave our factory in that condition - our QC would have picked up on it'.

Jenny's must have played football with that rig before selling you those arms. 🤣 Possibly....very difficult to prove a negative and Corally will know this. 👍

For extra comedy value, China rhymes with the scientific name for.......ahem ....... lady garden. 😜🤣 Keep this in mind when parts come back shoddy and covered in tears from a Chinese factory.

It really helps. 😝

So could Jenny's - who you bought it from. There starts the problem. 'it didn't leave our factory in that condition - our QC would have picked up on it'.

Jenny's must have played football with that rig before selling you those arms. 🤣 Possibly....very difficult to prove a negative and Corally will know this. 👍
A potential pitfall of buying takeoffs I suppose.. Ted is a good guy, but if his hands are tied, so are ours in this scenario.. Have to see what he can do I guess.

I recall the "glass-filled" plastics being some of the worst to work with. When we were grinding that, it looked like glitter floating in the air, sparkling under the lights.. wreaked havoc on the machines I recall too. Very abrasive. I'm glad to have moved on from that field of work.
Not pleasant to breathe. I used to work in a de-mould section for Meggit Systems.

DSC00130.jpg

Before that, I had the joy of operating the Banshee here at a range. 👍

My wife orders some stuff from producers directly on alibaba and well sure, you have to check it each time. But the more you complain, the better it gets.
Then again, italy or other countries aren't much better either nowadays. Trust is good, QC is better!

My wife orders some stuff from producers directly on alibaba and well sure, you have to check it each time. But the more you complain, the better it gets.
Then again, italy or other countries aren't much better either nowadays. Trust is good, QC is better!
I've bought some excellent stuff direct from China - it depends where you go.

I've had some bargains - like soldering irons - from Bangood and they're brilliant.

Ditto for high power LED torches and Bike lights.

However, if I was replacing the undercarriage on my Gulfstream - I'd stick to OEM stuff. 😝

My XTR is made in vag....I mean China - and it's brilliant. 🤩

Yeah man, made in vaChina doesn't make it bad. I mean made in USA used to mean good, not so much anymore. I'd say made in Japan ranks highest in consistency for me these days.

Yeah man, made in vaChina doesn't make it bad. I mean made in USA used to mean good, not so much anymore. I'd say made in Japan ranks highest in consistency for me these days.
Agreed. My only point is just to have realistic expectations. Nothing is perfect, even my dog has issues.
1715799940944.png

We all use many, many, many things everyday made from all around the world. For one, I’m very happy that we can. 👍

Back