Asuga Another Asuga Disaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian986

Reaction score
So after spending last couple of days fixing the Asuga ( Had to replace both rear lower arm pins both broken)

Took car out to a BMX track and a very long straight so i thought I would have some fun. First bit of power the tire foam came flying out. but I had driven a hour to get this place so just thought will take it easy with the throttle and do some little jumps. Managed to get 3 little jumps small one then on last one managed to clip side of ramp another lower arm broken. Pretty pi****ed off as I have spent a fortune on parts now I have to get a lot more again. I am getting to the stage where I am thinking of buying a roller and just taking parts off that as I need .
I am going away 8 days time and with Christmas in-between getting parts intake is going to be a issue. I am away for 6 month so I will never remember where all the bits i took off will go back on.

I can order from coral in Europe and normally get parts in 2 days ish. So i wonder if you guys can give me a bit of advice.

For speed going to get a complete front shock there are a couple options due I need Medium or long and do cars come from factory with 600 oil? So matches other shock.

Should the lower arm pins be greased as mine are quite stiff i put silicone spray in to loosen up but could the be why mine are breaking

Front gear box does that need a gasket when i re mount on chassis or any oil i can see a bit of blue grease inside.

Thanks for your help and advise again.

Now that's bad luck!
Loose tyre - I keep a few small tubes of super glue in my kit box. They're the ones from Lidl, about 1g in each tube.
Lower arms - not broken any yet, but I keep thinking it's something I should get as spare. That's probably my breakage next time I go out.
Hinge pins - grease will attract grit and dirt and turn into grinding paste, so a quick spritz of GT85 is what I generally use, and it smells nice 👍 Silicone spray is also a good choice.
Front shock - check the kit breakers on eBay. I was able to get a pair of Kagama rears for £30 as ready to go spares.
There's no need for a gasket between the plastic and the chassis. There are gaskets available, but these seem to be for the aluminum upgrade gearboxes.
The blue grease is probably Mobil XHP, and any lithium based grease will do nicely. A bit of extra when you've got the buggy apart will be good. If it's particularly manky, clean off the old stuff first.

Last edited:
Sorry for your bad luck.. not sure on the shocks, I am still original on my 21 Kronos xtr. Been good to me. As to the hinge pins, no oil or lube is recommended. If fitment is too tight, the recommended procedure is to file the arms until the pins slide smoothly through. I haven't really broken any arms, I'm really more track oriented than basher, so no surprises there. If you've already broken arms in short order, I would definitely pick up spares to have on hand. For me, I find the arms wear rather quickly at the inner hinge pins, namely the front uppers. That's more likely from how I use it though. I run on a rough hard clay surface that really works the suspension alot. Good luck and Merry Christmas!!

Hi Jeffwazz,

Thanks for the head up with E bay I have managed to order 99% of the parts from one Ebay Store super efficient but unfortunately had no shock top boltes So had to order them from another eBay store. Hope fully will come before the end of the holidays.

Don't worry about not having a photographic memory - just put your bits and pieces into tubs or magnetic trays for your screws - and refer to this:

Attachments

• C-00288 - ASUGA XLR • Instruction Manual-V5_EN-FR-DE-NL.pdf
    10.2 MB · Views: 40
I was quite lucky that JeffWazz said try eBay and got everything I need apart from, The front shock stand off which i am still waiting for, but another post on here about Kronos had some from Custom RC Upgrades which happened to be Horatio Kronos I emailed Custom RC and sending some out special deliver so should arrive tomorrow.

Hopefully weather will be better next couple of days and I can have some fun with the Asuga hopefully without breaking anything else.

I usually end up with leftover screws after I put things back together..guess I'm just THAT efficient?🤷‍♂️😉🤣🤣
There's one really annoying screw on the Kronos XTR front skid plate that I just can't be arsed with. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one! 😅

There's one really annoying screw on the Kronos XTR front skid plate that I just can't be arsed with. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one! 😅
IKR? At least on the rear you can access the nut on top.. thankfully my Kronos hasn't needed to come apart that much.😁👍
My chassis is tweaked though, the steering plate is always rubbing the front gearbox, occasionally the steering will lock up when the wheels are turned full lock with the suspension unloaded.. tree strike did it I think, or maybe the concrete "Jersey barrier " I hit head on when the steering servo gave up..🤔🤷‍♂️👊😜

IKR? At least on the rear you can access the nut on top.. thankfully my Kronos hasn't needed to come apart that much.😁👍
My chassis is tweaked though, the steering plate is always rubbing the front gearbox, occasionally the steering will lock up when the wheels are turned full lock with the suspension unloaded.. tree strike did it I think, or maybe the concrete "Jersey barrier " I hit head on when the steering servo gave up..🤔🤷‍♂️👊😜
I fettled mine for the exact same thing.

I'm not convinced my chassis has been tweaked though - I just think something was not quite within tolerance but got through QA. My chassis is straight as an arrow.

IMG_20220629_185103.jpg

I did this each side of the input to create some clearance on the Ackerman plate. That's all it needed. 🤷

I'm not convinced my chassis has been tweaked though - I just think something was not quite within tolerance but got through QA. My chassis is straight as an arrow.

View attachment 5057
I did this each side of the input to create some clearance on the Ackerman plate. That's all it needed. 🤷
I'll try and get a better look at mine, snap a pic or two. The protruding piece of the gearbox is rubbing heavily on mine..has actual scoring from the ackerman plate I believe..maybe the plate is bent again? IDK. Bent, straightened, broke, replaced, installed extra top plate w/new..still rubbing. Maybe something's not happy?🤔😜

I've also noted the plastic brace from the front tower to center chassis brace requires some persuasion to line up..

Huh, urs look's "as new" compared to mine..hope da management doesn't find out I'm not taking proper care of my toys..😉🤣
Mine threatens to either set fire to them or chuck them in the river..... she's a celt, so I don't want to F around and find out! 😱😅

Mine threatens to either set fire to them or chuck them in the river..... she's a celt, so I don't want to F around and find out! 😱😅
LOL 🤣 My wife don't take no slack either..when she's upset, I stand down!!🤔😬 Keeping a safe distance!😉

So after spending last couple of days fixing the Asuga ( Had to replace both rear lower arm pins both broken)

Took car out to a BMX track and a very long straight so i thought I would have some fun. First bit of power the tire foam came flying out. but I had driven a hour to get this place so just thought will take it easy with the throttle and do some little jumps. Managed to get 3 little jumps small one then on last one managed to clip side of ramp another lower arm broken. Pretty pi****ed off as I have spent a fortune on parts now I have to get a lot more again. I am getting to the stage where I am thinking of buying a roller and just taking parts off that as I need .
I am going away 8 days time and with Christmas in-between getting parts intake is going to be a issue. I am away for 6 month so I will never remember where all the bits i took off will go back on.

I can order from coral in Europe and normally get parts in 2 days ish. So i wonder if you guys can give me a bit of advice.

For speed going to get a complete front shock there are a couple options due I need Medium or long and do cars come from factory with 600 oil? So matches other shock.

Should the lower arm pins be greased as mine are quite stiff i put silicone spray in to loosen up but could the be why mine are breaking

Front gear box does that need a gasket when i re mount on chassis or any oil i can see a bit of blue grease inside.

There has been a surge of blemish poly arms I've bought 2 full sets and they all had injection mould cracks from being cooled to fast or inconsistent mix I reached out and because I got them from jennys they would not help me or them jennys took care of me but the problem remains his whole new batch were the same total bullshit at 20 bucks a popfrom factory it's rediculious

View attachment 5057
I did the same

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_231533_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_231533_Gallery.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240514_231525_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_231525_Gallery.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240514_231520_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_231520_Gallery.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
There has been a surge of blemish poly arms I've bought 2 full sets and they all had injection mould cracks from being cooled to fast or inconsistent mix I reached out and because I got them from jennys they would not help me or them jennys took care of me but the problem remains his whole new batch were the same total bullshit at 20 bucks a popfrom factory it's rediculious

I did the same
That's a manufacturing defect - a common issue with injection moulded parts, especially if they get the cooling wrong as I understand it.

Just ask for a refund. If you paid by card or by PayPal - start a dispute if the seller doesn't cooperate. If the parts weren't described as being cracked and not fit for purpose, then it's as much Jenny's fault for not noticing them and selling them onto you in that state.

I doubt Corally would be interested unless it was a new part, in a bag, with a receipt of purchase from a retailer.

Ultimately, you bought these parts secondhand from a reseller who breaks kits. Jenny's will sort it out with you.

Hopefully the next batch of Corally plastic will be better. Until then - as always with buying things second hand (or New 'other') - buyer beware.

Back