Asuga Angry's 8s Asuga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngrySection8

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Jambo
  3. Kagama
  4. Kronos
  5. Kronos XTR
  6. Python
  7. Radix
Finally got a chance to runs the asuga on 8s, castle mmx8s, rocket 1500kv, 17/52 gearing, top speed as expected considering on paper my gearing was for 63mph, logs look great, system pushes the car so easy, hardly using any amps being fairly light and turning smallish tires, car takes off like a bullet, lots of fun, the stock corally system I first put in the car was ok but this really feels like the sweet spot for my usage, reasonable top end with explosive acceleration.

IMG_20230624_114926515.jpg

IMG_20230624_114810230.jpg

IMG_20230624_114456656.jpg

Screenshot_20230624-114016.png

Looks good, but too much weight with 8s.. My 6s Radix (running on 4s) is faster 😉

What motor is that 4092.??
Lol, yeah ya never know!!
Surprisingly it's not too heavy, the chassis in general weights more than an 1:8 obviously but fully loaded the asuga is at 12lb 9oz, my stock python with the exception of the wide arms is 9lbs 12oz. And yeah 4092, well it's labeled 4292 but that's cause the fins

Looks great!! Not having to rely on motor fans is always a big plus IMO. I'm sure it's got waay more in it if you decide to gear up. Nice buggy😎👌
Yeah heat has never been an issue with these systems on my rigs, this and the radix both run ice cold, heck even when I had this system in the kronos prior to the asuga it never got hot and in that truck it was religiously pulling 300-350 amps (9000+ watts-10+hp) stayed cool enough to have zero thought of adding any fans

Yeah heat has never been an issue with these systems on my rigs, this and the radix both run ice cold, heck even when I had this system in the kronos prior to the asuga it never got hot and in that truck it was religiously pulling 300-350 amps (9000+ watts-10+hp) stayed cool enough to have zero thought of adding any fans
Guessing you had to modify the battery tray?

Guessing you had to modify the battery tray?
Yes, on this car I actually did away with it all together, I cut a piece of kydex to match the left side of chassis and dual locked it to the floor as well as a handful of screws, the the batteries are obviously held down with the straps but they are also dual locked to the new tray to keep from sliding forward and backward

Finally got a chance to runs the asuga on 8s, castle mmx8s, rocket 1500kv, 17/52 gearing, top speed as expected considering on paper my gearing was for 63mph, logs look great, system pushes the car so easy, hardly using any amps being fairly light and turning smallish tires, car takes off like a bullet, lots of fun, the stock corally system I first put in the car was ok but this really feels like the sweet spot for my usage, reasonable top end with explosive acceleration.

View attachment 4141

View attachment 4142

View attachment 4143

View attachment 4144
The castle electronics are the best made. Bar none. That's also the difference between corally electronics and castle.

The castle electronics are the best made. Bar none. That's also the difference between corally electronics and castle.
I am running the standard setup on my Python and my problem is keeping the front end down. I have changed the angle of the rear spoiler this didn’t help. If I use an 11T or go up the a 15T as soon as I give it the beans the front wheels lift up. Ian running 6S and have Badlands fitted for grip. The supplied tyres are rubbish off road. I don’t want to add weight to the front.

I am running the standard setup on my Python and my problem is keeping the front end down. I have changed the angle of the rear spoiler this didn’t help. If I use an 11T or go up the a 15T as soon as I give it the beans the front wheels lift up. Ian running 6S and have Badlands fitted for grip. The supplied tyres are rubbish off road. I don’t want to add weight to the front.
I'd try thinner center diff fluid to prevent the wheelies. What's in it now? Stock is 100k I think? Too thin will cause it to "diff out" , sending too much power to the front wheels..gotta find a happy medium between wheel stands and blowing the front tires off.

I'd try thinner center diff fluid to prevent the wheelies. What's in it now? Stock is 100k I think? Too thin will cause it to "diff out" , sending too much power to the front wheels..gotta find a happy medium between wheel stands and blowing the front tires off.
Hi. 20,000 front, 200,000 centre and 10’000 in the rear. So I think maybe a little thicker in the front May help

Hi. 20,000 front, 200,000 centre and 10’000 in the rear. So I think maybe a little thicker in the front May help
Center diff is where you'll see a difference if it's wheel standing too much. Bigger tires will exaggerate the problem, such as 2.8 badlands.

Try 100k is my guess, but might even need to go thinner.

Method tires showed up so tossed them on quick, look good, didn't feel any dragging so assume they clear everything but I was in the cellar so didn't have a light handy to look inside the wheels to see for sure

IMG_20231102_181143802.jpg

Or lower the punch. With the program card.
I have the punch on 4, even when doing 30mph it still wheelies whe I accelerate on grass. The Mach 10’s are grippy not like the stock ones that just spin. Not very good on grass. They are more of a road tyre.

Or throttle control...LOL
Yeah, I’m a bit like Clarkson , power!! Without thinking what will happen. It won’t wheelie on the stock tyres, they are rubbish. Knowing what I know now I would have bought the Radix, it has a more suitable tyre but £20 for a set just to bash about with is fine. They have lasted longer than the Badlands. Has anyone tried Louise tyres.

Last edited:
Yes, on this car I actually did away with it all together, I cut a piece of kydex to match the left side of chassis and dual locked it to the floor as well as a handful of screws, the the batteries are obviously held down with the straps but they are also dual locked to the new tray to keep from sliding forward and backward
Any chance you can show what you did the battery tray? I think the battery tray that the Spark and Asuga comes with it not good. Both broke for me.

Any chance you can show what you did the battery tray? I think the battery tray that the Spark and Asuga comes with it not good. Both broke for me.
Here ya go, may or may not work for everyone, I don't jump my asuga although I do feel this tray is more than strong enough to take it, can't recall how many screws I have holding it forgot to look but I'm guessing 4 then it's dual locked down everywhere possible, kevlar straps holding batteries down and also dual lock to keep them from sliding forward/backwards

IMG_20231110_132755890.jpg

Here ya go, may or may not work for everyone, I don't jump my asuga although I do feel this tray is more than strong enough to take it, can't recall how many screws I have holding it forgot to look but I'm guessing 4 then it's dual locked down everywhere possible, kevlar straps holding batteries down and also dual lock to keep them from sliding forward/backwards

View attachment 4781
Thank you.

I’m going to try to do something like this. The stock battery tray is garbage. Weak.

Back