Aluminum center diff support available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Muraco
  2. Radix
In case you haven't seen it on Corally's European web site, a TC 7075 aluminum replacement for the composite center diff support is available (link below). It was released in February 2022 but hasn't made it to the US yet. I got one a few months ago for my Radix6 off of the Corally Europe web site. The cost of the part is 34.95 Euros, and the shipping cost to the US is 21.50 Euros for 4-day DHL, which is the only way Corally ships to the US. It's best to combine an order for multiple parts as the shipping cost remains the same.

https://www.corally.com/New-Product...f-Bulkhead-Swiss-Made-7075-T6-Black-2-pc-Set/

Those are nice, that'll be a nice winter upgrade because I don't know about anyone else but I swear I've stripped one screw hole on each of my corally cars, ended up running longer screws and barely snugging them, darn plastic

Got these custom ones on my Sketer. They are awesome.

IMG_20220428_161642.jpg

View attachment 3014
The problem with that diff support is that you have to unscrew it from the chassis and remove it entirely to get the center diff out. The Corally diff support is a better design because you don't have to remove the entire support: you remove just the top half and the diff lifts right out.

Good eye, I didn't even notice that, just saw shiny bits and got excited 😆

The problem with that diff support is that you have to unscrew it from the chassis and remove it entirely to get the center diff out. The Corally diff support is a better design because you don't have to remove the entire support: you remove just the top half and the diff lifts right out.
That is indeed a good eye. A well, only 2 screws 😉 mine are tough though

In case you haven't seen it on Corally's European web site, a TC 7075 aluminum replacement for the composite center diff support is available (link below). It was released in February 2022 but hasn't made it to the US yet. I got one a few months ago for my Radix6 off of the Corally Europe web site. The cost of the part is 34.95 Euros, and the shipping cost to the US is 21.50 Euros for 4-day DHL, which is the only way Corally ships to the US. It's best to combine an order for multiple parts as the shipping cost remains the same.

https://www.corally.com/New-Product...f-Bulkhead-Swiss-Made-7075-T6-Black-2-pc-Set/
It looks really nice! But what's the advantage of this over the stock composite one? I haven't had any issues so that's why I'm asking.

It looks really nice! But what's the advantage of this over the stock composite one? I haven't had any issues so that's why I'm asking.
Two reasons:

1) Center diffs can get pretty hot - that's why Corally uses an aluminum diff cases in the center diff. Heat from the diff can go into the diff support and damage it. If I could find an aluminum insert for the motor mount I would buy that too, but I haven't seen one yet.

2) Tolerances on aluminum are tighter than on molded composite, and it is more rigid than composite. This is one area where being rigid is better than being able to flex.

I don't really need the aluminum diff support: it's personal preference rather than having issues with the stock support. I like to make my Corally vehicles a bit stronger than stock, even if I don't need them to be for the way I run them.

Last edited:
Two reasons:

1) Center diffs can get pretty hot - that's why Corally uses an aluminum diff cases in the center diff. Heat from the diff can go into the diff support and damage it. If I could find an aluminum insert for the motor mount I would buy that too, but I haven't seen one yet.

2) Tolerances on aluminum are tighter than on molded composite, and it is more rigid than composite. This is one area where being rigid is better than being able to flex.

I don't really need the aluminum diff support: it's personal preference rather than having issues with the stock support. I like to make my Corally vehicles a bit stronger than stock, even if I don't need them to be for the way I run them.
Yeah I can see the point around the heat produced by the diff! All that heat will dissipate onto to diff support and then onto the chassis, keeping the diff cooler.

Yeah I can see the point around the heat produced by the diff! All that heat will dissipate onto to diff support and then onto the chassis, keeping the diff cooler.
You would be surprised how much heat the motor mount transfers from the motor into the chassis.

You guys left me thinking about this upgrade. it's very tempting! So I've been looking a bit more into it, particularly from the point of view of heat dissipation. This is the upgrade path as I see it:
1. 7075 Centre Diff Bulkhead as discussed previously
2. While you're at it you could also replace the top cover and brace holder
3. However at this point there's still two elements of the puzzle that would be great to have metal upgrade options for, but I don't think there are: centre diff spacer and centre diff insert

It seems to me like these two composite parts will insulate much of that heat from transferring over to the chassis. 🤷‍♂️

You guys left me thinking about this upgrade. it's very tempting! So I've been looking a bit more into it, particularly from the point of view of heat dissipation. This is the upgrade path as I see it:
1. 7075 Centre Diff Bulkhead as discussed previously
2. While you're at it you could also replace the top cover and brace holder
3. However at this point there's still two elements of the puzzle that would be great to have metal upgrade options for, but I don't think there are: centre diff spacer and centre diff insert

It seems to me like these two composite parts will insulate much of that heat from transferring over to the chassis. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, the insert in the motor mount for the diff is still composite, as is the center diff bulkhead spacer, unless you have a Radix or a Python. Those vehicles do not have the center diff support spacer: the bulkhead attaches directly to the chassis (I have a Radix6 with the aluminum center diff bulkhead). I suppose on the other Corally 6s vehicles the screws could carry heat from the bulkhead to the chassis, so there would be some heat transfer. I have not found aluminum replacements for the motor mount insert or the bulkhead spacer.

View attachment 3014
Hi. Do you have a company name or link. I am especially interested in the diff insert. I have the other two pieces in 7075 but the diff insert would finish this off proper. I have tried to Google this but no joy. I am in the UK. The desirability would out weigh the cost, thanks Phil

Back