4074 motor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
So today was my first run of the Sketer with the HW Max8/4074 combo on 4s. It ran like a champ...I think. I'm not familiar with the 6s size motors and have questions.
It seemed louder than my 3s BRCC. Is that normal?
Also, sometimes when it comes to a rolling stop it will do a slight jerk at the end of the roll. I rolled the truck lightly to see if the spur and pinion were bind and it didn't seem it. Also it rolls freely down slight hills "wheelchair ramp type slant" without doing that jerk motion. Could it just be the torque of the motor in a smaller truck? When I set the mesh there was a normal slight gap in between the spur and pinion. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The jerk is your esc brake, if you get a hobbywing tuning card you can change that "Abruptness", 6s power systems are louder than 3 s as well. The free roll is a good thing it means that the pinion and spur gear have proper "mesh". If it was too tight it wouldn't roll without power at all and you would end up shredding spur gears. This is IMHO others might have different views.

The jerk is your esc brake, if you get a hobbywing tuning card you can change that "Abruptness", 6s power systems are louder than 3 s as well. The free roll is a good thing it means that the pinion and spur gear have proper "mesh". If it was too tight it wouldn't roll without power at all and you would end up shredding spur gears. This is IMHO others might have different views.
Thanks bro. I'll check it out with the program card that came with the system.

Back