Asuga 1st buy : Asuga vs Kagama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaime59

Reaction score
hello everyone !

I’m about to pull the trigger for my first serious RC car !
I’m on the fence between Asuga and Kagama.
I’m leaning toward the Asuga because of the buggy look but I also like how the Kagama looks massive.

I’m going to practice in a parc with lot of trees and little path. I would like to take time to discover the beast between speed in the path, grass and a bit of soft bashing.

For you what are main différencies between both and what about my usage ?

Thank you all!

I do not have an Asuga, but I hear nothing but great things about them, along with the Spark and Syncro. Currently, my Kagama is my favorite “go to” car and it’s great! Big, fast, tough but you need to add fans to run 6S. On 4S, I don’t get nearly as hot.

If you’re a buggy fan, that probably answers the question for you, size wise they are close. Corally cars are great, you won’t be disappointed with either choice.

I believe quite a few members that gave Asuga’s also have other TC rc’s and I’m sure they can weigh in as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

I have no doubt the Kagama is a beast and it seems to have preference of user over Asuga overall.

I like more the look of the Asuga because I always wanted a buggy but I have some doubt about the low profile to be confortable on my parc because lot of rocks, high grass and not clean / flat ground. This is why I seriously consider Kagama. I imagine the Kagame would be confortable as well to perform high speed run on road.

If my Sketer was not my first rc and highly upgraded, i would sell it and buy the Kagama. I have the Asuga and it is so completely different then the Sketer. Rock Solid and easy to handle. But for serious off roading, take the Kagama. You can always buy the Asuga later 😉

Thanks for the feedback!

I have no doubt the Kagama is a beast and it seems to have preference of user over Asuga overall.

I like more the look of the Asuga because I always wanted a buggy but I have some doubt about the low profile to be confortable on my parc because lot of rocks, high grass and not clean / flat ground. This is why I seriously consider Kagama. I imagine the Kagame would be confortable as well to perform high speed run on road.
Off-road is no issue for the Kagama although you get some ballooning of the stock tires in 6S, plenty of grip on grass however. I do not have a ton of space for proper on road speed runs, everything is soccer fields or tall grass so I can’t comment on that. But again, many members are running on road and love speed runs!👍

Very capable either way, just set it up accordingly!

I have an Asuga and it's great for almost everything. When you do want to make flips and many tricks, the Kagama is the better choice.
If you want the more versalite and stable car, the Asuga is better.
If you run on high grass a lot, upgrading the stock servo will be one of the first things you will do later on. Stock servo is okay but people break them all sooner or later.
And yes, 6S wants it cooler but 4S should be more than enough for the start.

Have fun !

I have the sketer , asuga, and the kronos, without a doubt I'd recommend the kagama to you, the asuga is ok, but I actually wished I'd got the spark, but anyhow, the kagama

The asuga is a great rig to have if you've already got a great 1/8 buggy and truggy
The spark will be a better buggy than what the asuga is, and the kagama will be a better truggy than what the asuga is, thats why everyone tries to truggyify it, there's no aftermarket wheels either

I prefer my kronos than my asuga, so its a no Brainer for me to tell you to get the kagama

But again I will state that the asuga is a great rc to have in your collection

Edit i have 5 other rigs, those 3 are my corally ones

Last edited:
Normally I would recommend an MT (Kagama) over a buggy for versatility, but the Asuga is definitely more terrain capable than a standard buggy. It has tires and ground clearance similar to a standard 1/8 truggy. Tall grass will still be in the Kagama's favor for sure, though the Asuga has more precise handling due to smaller and stiffer tires. Which can be a double edged sword, it is much more prone to traction rolling than the Kagama.
If I had to choose one, Kagama. Though I know I'd eventually end up with both if I didn't already own similar models to each. I have the Kronos XTR as well as the Arrma Kraton 6s, which are both similar enough to the Kagama for me. Then I have a Kraton 6s with Mojave arms and suspension which is dimensionally the same as an Asuga.. plus a garage full of other rc's of many brands, types and sizes. No one can have just one? LOL.

Back