Xjeepguy’s Shogun Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Radix
  2. Shogun
After turning my Shogun into a mudball and breaking a bearing carrier in a crash that was heard two houses down, I decided to take her apart, do a thorough cleaning, and maybe do an upgrade or two….erm….

Was on Jenny’s RC buying the new bearing carriers, when I went over to the Kronos XTR section. I wound up ordering:
Bearing carriers
7076 chassis
Motor mount set (long story)
A chassis parts set that included 7075 chassis braces front and rear, carbon fiber chassis stiffeners as well as a bunch of other parts.

Then I went to RChobbyexplosion.com and ordered the tower brace kit, CNC 7075 shock towers front and rear, as well as a few other parts. I want to build a Shogun XTR basically. Still waiting on some of the parts, but here’s some pics of my current progress.
A736349A-0539-47DB-BC70-5DB74C934BFB.jpeg

52F4A62A-842F-4211-86C7-C783A2196887.jpeg

Stay tuned, and I’ll keep posting as I go. Possibly a HW Max8 setup so I can put this stuff in my Radix4. ✌️

I have upgraded my Muraco with most all the available 7075 parts except for the chassis, plus the tower to tower chassis brace. The chassis is on my list to be upgraded before warm weather arrives in the spring.

Ah I just bought a Shogun, will keep my eye on your build thread for hints and tips. Looking good so far (y)

Would a Max 8 be a down grade from the Torox 185?

I have upgraded my Muraco with most all the available 7075 parts except for the chassis, plus the tower to tower chassis brace. The chassis is on my list to be upgraded before warm weather arrives in the spring.
The chassis was very cheap on Jenny’s. I think it was only $25 or $35. It doesn’t have the milled cutouts for weight that the Swiss one does, but for $100 cheaper, I don’t mind lol.

Ah I just bought a Shogun, will keep my eye on your build thread for hints and tips. Looking good so far (y)

Would a Max 8 be a down grade from the Torox 185?
Thanks! I was under the impression that they’re pretty much the same ESC, I just want to make my Radix a 6s with the Torox.

The chassis was very cheap on Jenny’s. I think it was only $25 or $35. It doesn’t have the milled cutouts for weight that the Swiss one does, but for $100 cheaper, I don’t mind lol.

Thanks! I was under the impression that they’re pretty much the same ESC, I just want to make my Radix a 6s with the Torox.
Keep in mind the radix 4 has sintered gears in the diffs, most likely have to upgrade those if going to 6s, it's not a radix6 with 4s digitals

@Xjeepguy how did the standard chasis hold up to bashing?
It did fine, there was no reason to change it yet except that I was able to get the 7075 chassis so cheap. I haven’t bashed the truck extremely hard, but it held up quite well to jumps and a few bad landings.

Got a little more done this evening, my shock towers finally came in, so I got the rear of the truck mostly done.

Those CNC shock towers are beautiful. The craftsmanship of these parts is second to none in the RC world, seriously. I am very impressed. Worth every penny.
1CE00341-2F23-402D-9777-EDFECB352500.jpeg

5CABFB40-BD2F-48B0-94BF-311AEA24A948.jpeg

I’m taking my time and only getting an hour or so every evening to tinker with it. Hopefully get a test run next weekend.

It did fine, there was no reason to change it yet except that I was able to get the 7075 chassis so cheap. I haven’t bashed the truck extremely hard, but it held up quite well to jumps and a few bad landings.
Ah good to know. I don't bash that hard so won't need one to start off with.

Builds looking good 👍

Oh that's been through a few changes likening the truck body! I still haven't run mine yet. I've heard on Facebook it needs the upgraded swiss steel diff cups, did you have to upgrade yours? Does it handle bashing?

Oh that's been through a few changes likening the truck body! I still haven't run mine yet. I've heard on Facebook it needs the upgraded swiss steel diff cups, did you have to upgrade yours? Does it handle bashing?
I haven’t really bashed it very hard due to the weather, but I’ve launched it pretty hard on a high traction surface and nothing has shown any signs of breaking.

Back