Shogun Will I be equally impressed with a truggy ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Reaction score
Following the purchase of the radix early this year , I was very impressed with the handling , power and usability of the radix , I did a versus typhon 6s and 3s , the radix won by miles , except the parts route , arrma has that well sorted .
So I also own a kraton 6s EXB , it’s been a talion , kraton xl etc . It’s great , it’s heavy , it jumps miles , hits the trees , BUT it’s the backflip lps that make it for me .
If I was to purchase a muraco or shogun , would I be that impressed I would retire the Kraton ?
Garden use only , uneven grass mainly , sometimes the ramp comes out and off they go
Cheers

I just got a Muraco less than a week ago. I haven't been able to get the Muraco out for a hard run yet due to the weather and personal business, so I can't really say how well it performs. But I can say that the LWB Muraco is a bit less squirrelly than my SWB Radix6.

If you like the Backflip LPs, both the Muraco and the Shogun should perform well on them. I have a set on my Traxxas Maxx V1, and they are much better all-round than the Sledgehammers. Many Maxx owners use Backflip LPs.

I also have a Kraton 6s with a Castle MMX 8s 1717 1650kv system in it, and there's no way the Muraco will ever replace it: the Kraton is a bit more of a tank than my Muraco.

Following the purchase of the radix early this year , I was very impressed with the handling , power and usability of the radix , I did a versus typhon 6s and 3s , the radix won by miles , except the parts route , arrma has that well sorted .
So I also own a kraton 6s EXB , it’s been a talion , kraton xl etc . It’s great , it’s heavy , it jumps miles , hits the trees , BUT it’s the backflip lps that make it for me .
If I was to purchase a muraco or shogun , would I be that impressed I would retire the Kraton ?
Garden use only , uneven grass mainly , sometimes the ramp comes out and off they go
Cheers
I don't see the Muraco putting the Kraton to rest. Different animals. With that said, I think the Kraton exb is still a tad more durable than the Kronos xtr. Namely stronger plastics. I see the Muraco as an in between to the kronos and radix. Buggy speed and handling (almost), and kraton/kronos all terrain capability (almost). It's somewhere in between..For the record, I love truggies! The Kronos and Muraco are basically the same rig, with different tires and bodies.
Enjoy!!👍😁🍻

I don't see the Muraco putting the Kraton to rest. Different animals. With that said, I think the Kraton exb is still a tad more durable than the Kronos xtr. Namely stronger plastics. I see the Muraco as an in between to the kronos and radix. Buggy speed and handling (almost), and kraton/kronos all terrain capability (almost). It's somewhere in between..For the record, I love truggies! The Kronos and Muraco are basically the same rig, with different tires and bodies.
Enjoy!!👍😁🍻
And the Shogun and the Muraco use the same chassis.

And the Shogun and the Muraco use the same chassis.
Isn't one a short wheelbase and one a long wheelbase? I can't remember. Seems odd they would be the same, but then, there is the radix 6s and python 6s which are the same..

You are correct Sir @morrjr71 . Same wheebase for the Shogun and Muraco. So, yup same rigs.

Last edited:
I think Truggys are very cool. The Shogun and Muraco are both Truggys, based on the same chassis, with only cosmetic differences.

Slightly heavier and more Monster Truggy are the Punisher and Kronos. The XTR gets you a nice roller with no electronics but lots of upgrade parts, 7075 chassis and shock mounts etc. Basically Corally's answer to the EXB.

Kronos is kinda 'Truggy on steroids', rather than Monster truck. The Corally motor/esc combo for their Trucks is bonkers. They are very quick for stock. My XTR running corally motor and esc had 62mph and 0-60mph in 4.28 seconds.

The Kronos XTR has a more nimble feel over a Kraton EXB, but even with the revised 22 version XTR, the trade off is a little durability. This only matters if you want to jump to the moon and land however the wind blows.

I've found my XTR to be a really entertaining rig to own and blast around on 6S. It's much more sensible on 4S, especially for new or younger drivers.

Truth be told, we are spoilt for choice these days - IMO you can't go wrong, but there's no disputing that Corally has some pretty impressive acumen. They're not new kids on the block, despite being new to RTR.

Purely my opinion, but buying Corally and Arrma helps support the hobby, too - so fight the good fight! 👍

I think Truggys are very cool. The Shogun and Muraco are both Truggys, based on the same chassis, with only cosmetic differences.

Slightly heavier and more Monster Truggy are the Punisher and Kronos. The XTR gets you a nice roller with no electronics but lots of upgrade parts, 7075 chassis and shock mounts etc. Basically Corally's answer to the EXB.

Kronos is kinda 'Truggy on steroids', rather than Monster truck. The Corally motor/esc combo for their Trucks is bonkers. They are very quick for stock. My XTR running corally motor and esc had 62mph and 0-60mph in 4.28 seconds.

The Kronos XTR has a more nimble feel over a Kraton EXB, but even with the revised 22 version XTR, the trade off is a little durability. This only matters if you want to jump to the moon and land however the wind blows.

I've found my XTR to be a really entertaining rig to own and blast around on 6S. It's much more sensible on 4S, especially for new or younger drivers.

Truth be told, we are spoilt for choice these days - IMO you can't go wrong, but there's no disputing that Corally has some pretty impressive acumen. They're not new kids on the block, despite being new to RTR.

Purely my opinion, but buying Corally and Arrma helps support the hobby, too - so fight the good fight! 👍
Agreed, my xtr with TC electrics on 4s is a blast. 6s for larger areas. What an era to be into rc's though!! I remember the brushes chattering in my RC10 with the Race Prep motor back in the 80's..good times for sure, but nothing like what's available today. 👌🍻

Agreed, my xtr with TC electrics on 4s is a blast. 6s for larger areas. What an era to be into rc's though!! I remember the brushes chattering in my RC10 with the Race Prep motor back in the 80's..good times for sure, but nothing like what's available today. 👌🍻
Without a doubt, an era where you can pick up a 60mph RTR. Insane levels of performance - which would have been considered impossible in the 80's and 90's. I think the radical improvement in both batteries and brushless motors has made all areas of RC much better in many ways.

I used to be that guy with a lathe - truing comms for people on race day and monitoring my SCE cells with a Protrak charger. 🤣 To be fast in any of the electric classes required meticulous motor prep, very well matched cells and perfect car setup. Especially in control classes.

These brushless machines on such high voltage batteries are a world away from what I used to race with. And people get such great value for money nowadays!

Seems like we're from the same generation, dude! 😁

Without a doubt, an era where you can pick up a 60mph RTR. Insane levels of performance - which would have been considered impossible in the 80's and 90's. I think the radical improvement in both batteries and brushless motors has made all areas of RC much better in many ways.

I used to be that guy with a lathe - truing comms for people on race day and monitoring my SCE cells with a Protrak charger. 🤣 To be fast in any of the electric classes required meticulous motor prep, very well matched cells and perfect car setup. Especially in control classes.

These brushless machines on such high voltage batteries are a world away from what I used to race with. And people get such great value for money nowadays!

Seems like we're from the same generation, dude! 😁
Yeah, I never did any real racing myself. I bought my first rc10 second hand at maybe 14 or 15.
At one point I had it dressed out with a dirt modified body, aluminum nerf bars, foam tires. We had a dirt tri oval in my area. I never went for the actual races, but ran practices with some of them. Was too far from home to get there by bicycle so had to rely on my or someone elses parents to get us there with our rigs. Those days were "Golden" though!! 🍻
Thinking back, I remember the mechanical speed controllers..DON'T touch!! Haha!!

Yeah, I never did any real racing myself. I bought my first rc10 second hand at maybe 14 or 15.
At one point I had it dressed out with a dirt modified body, aluminum nerf bars, foam tires. We had a dirt tri oval in my area. I never went for the actual races, but ran practices with some of them. Was too far from home to get there by bicycle so had to rely on my or someone elses parents to get us there with our rigs. Those days were "Golden" though!! 🍻
Thinking back, I remember the mechanical speed controllers..DON'T touch!! Haha!!
Mechanical speed controllers were a pain - they'd spark and cause pits in the contacts, which when deep enough, would jam, causing a run-away! 😂 Happy days.

Racing in the 80's for me consisted of racing Tamiya's around the tennis courts at school, with races I organised with permission from the School head master.

We had about 15 of us all ripping it up over ramps we made for Hornets, Grasshoppers Subaru Brats, Super Champs, Sandscorchers.

Come the 90's, my love of 1/10th resulted in national racing with my trusty Procat. The list of cars steadily grew from there. About 28 of them. 😬 Then 3 of my 4 boys really got into it. The race weekends, camping, gazebos, drinking beers into the small hours...

And Heli's, planes and FPV racing drones. I really like RC! 🤣

Now I just do it for recreation, but I love cars.
IMG_20211117_083133.jpg

What's not to love, regardless of which flavour you really get into.? Still love my quirky Sandscorcher, the car that got me into the Hobby in 1981!

Thanks everyone , great replies indeed 👍🏻 Let’s see what Santa brings hey 😁
Good luck - can't really go wrong with anything mentioned here - including Arrma - but I'm very glad I bought the XTR during black Friday. That's the time for 'Santa's helpers' to acquire whatever it is that's ultimately going to be heading your way - just drop loads of hints 😂👍

Back