Wheels007’s Sketer-Raptor version

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
I started my RTR adventure with a v1 Big Rock Crew Cab several years ago. It’s was an amazing beginner truck. However, I wanted something a little faster, a little bigger and upgradable, but not as big or wide as a traditional 1/8th scale. The Sketer grabbed my attention. Having a large scale 1/10 with 6s parts the ability to handle 6s was perfect!

One of the first things I did was take off the side and rear Sketer stickers. In my opinion, the name doesn’t do it justice. It sounds like a turd stain on a pair of tighty whities a weird kid named Billy would wear to gym class. Besides, taking the stickers off made it faster ;).

Next, I widened a bit with Kronos HD steering blocks and hubs. @razorrc did a fantastic job explaining this setup. Here is his video Sketer +30mm WIDE conversion (Team Corally) - YouTube. I bought my parts from JennyRC.com and Built4speedrc.com. Both are kit breakers with great prices and great customer service!

I also use 1/8 Badlands 3.8" MT Tires. The stock wheel traction from the tires where I bash wouldn’t get the best traction. Back flips would also be more difficult. Again, in my opinion they kinda looked silly with the overall look. The picture below shows the size and tread difference.

134 to 149.jpg

I replaced some of the electronics. I put a Hobbywing Max 8 ESC with a Hobbywing 4274 2200kv motor with a Robinson Racing 16t pinion. Both ESC and motor fit like a glove with the original Sketer mounts and brackets. No body mods needed. Now I can run 4s in small areas while also having the choice of 6s power for larger areas. I also changed the center diff silicone to 200,000k wt.

20220317_152630.jpg
20220317_194656.jpg

Because I’m a quadriplegic, I don’t have hand dexterity to use a gun style controller. As I did with my BRCC, I use a modified airplane controller set up similarly to my electric wheelchair using Constructs, tape and popsicle sticks. Forward, back, left, and right are all controlled with the right gimble.
20220316_161203.jpg

And here it is! My Sketer-Raptor Edition! The only other upgrade I’m most definitely adding is a fan. I just have to figure out if I should go with a Power Hobby or a Yah clip mount for the motor.
20220412_105923.jpg

Last edited:
I started my RTR adventure with a v1 Big Rock Crew Cab several years ago. It’s was an amazing beginner truck. However, I wanted something a little faster, a little bigger and upgradable, but not as big or wide as a traditional 1/8th scale. The Sketer grabbed my attention. Having a large scale 1/10 with 6s parts the ability to handle 6s was perfect!

One of the first things I did was take off the side and rear Sketer stickers. In my opinion, the name doesn’t do it justice. It sounds like a turd stain on a pair of tighty whities a weird kid named Billy would wear to gym class. Besides, taking the stickers off made it faster ;).

Next, I widened a bit with Kronos HD steering blocks and hubs. @razorrc did a fantastic job explaining this setup. Here is his video Sketer +30mm WIDE conversion (Team Corally) - YouTube. I bought my parts from JennyRC.com and Built4speedrc.com. Both are kit breakers with great prices and great customer service!

I also use 1/8 Badlands 3.8" MT Tires. The stock wheel traction from the tires where I bash wouldn’t get the best traction. Back flips would also be more difficult. Again, in my opinion they kinda looked silly with the overall look. The picture below shows the size and tread difference.

View attachment 2158
I replaced some of the electronics. I put a Hobbywing Max 8 ESC with a Hobbywing 4274 2200kv motor with a Robinson Racing 16t pinion. Both ESC and motor fit like a glove with the original Sketer mounts and brackets. No body mods needed. Now I can run 4s in small areas while also having the choice of 6s power for larger areas. I also changed the center diff silicone to 200,000k wt.

View attachment 2159 View attachment 2160
Because I’m a quadriplegic, I don’t have hand dexterity to use a gun style controller. As I did with my BRCC, I use a modified airplane controller set up similarly to my electric wheelchair using Constructs, tape and popsicle sticks. Forward, back, left, and right are all controlled with the right gimble.
View attachment 2161
And here it is! My Sketer-Raptor Edition! The only other upgrade I’m most definitely adding is a fan. I just have to figure out if I should go with a Power Hobby or a Yah clip mount for the motor.
View attachment 2162
Looks great...and those constructs bring me back to childhood!

Ooohh, thats cool an 825 I think is the same size as a 4274?:unsure:

DUDE! You sure? I could send you "something" for your time.
Naw its no biggie at all.
I've got a 3D print stl file for the Corally style of fan holder, but for a 40mm fan to fit the 825 motor if anyone wants it.

View attachment 2178
Hey can I grab that file from you, I would be very grateful! (not like lap dance grateful but High five for sure)
[email protected]

High Five Simone Biles GIF by Uber Eats

I found this on thiniverse but @Fireblade is waaaay nicer.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4661252

Last edited:
Back