Sketer What is your Sketer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Is your Sketer a stunt truck, a general basher, or well handling speed basher?

Different setups can make it any of the above, curious as to your setup and if you like it that way.

My Sketer is, and is not a lot of things…. First it’s my favorite go to for general bashing rig. I have had it since January and have broke and replaced lots of things. “Mostly all my fault”. I guess you could call it a stunt truck but it’s not the stuntiest rig I have. And it’s definitely not a precision truck at least not any more 🤭. Front upper control arms get loose pretty quick so the front has a lot of slop. But she sure can take a beating. I have replaced all broken parts with TC original parts only “upgrades” I have done is the widening kit, tires, servo, motor/esc, and body. She’s a heavy “1/10” scale truck and is built for a beating. So for me she’s a basher, and my favorite one at that. She makes me smile, and keeps me up late some nights. She likes the wind, rain, and heat. But not the cold winters. She’s my go to truck if I’ve had a bad day. The first truck I ask when I’m thinking of getting another. She gets really dirty but cleans up well. She smiles after a hard chassis slap and says “yes daddy, I’ll take another.” I have a lot of off road, different scales, types and shapes of cars. But still she is my favorite.

how are you guys liking the Sketer after having it for a while

I like it. haven't broke much except the usuall stuff. I am upgrading a lot so waiting for parts 2 arrive. So more upgrading then driving but when i drive, she goes! She is a bit heavy so i went from 15t to 14t. Hope that does not heat the motor 2 much anymore.

I like it, but it is kind of an inbetween rig for me. About to go with larger tires to make it a stunt rig.

It is tough, I love that. But I have (3) 4s rigs, and the sketer is just a little boring, so need to find it's place.

My TLR is quick, fast, and handles well. Lot of fun.

My Tekno MT410 is stunt like, but also can really move over rough terrain and still handle well.

The Sketer handles well, but not as well as Tekno, is kind of quick, but not near as fast or quick as the TLR.

I think larger tires to make it more of a stunt rig will make it pretty awesome.

I felt it was really slow and too narrow stock. Thr MMX 2200kv combo and 17t pinion has plenty of power now, and I have full Kronos arms, so plenty wide now. It is hard to flip, drifts offroad well. Still have the stock tires on it....bigger tires will give it it's place as my 4s stunt rig.

Love it! It's definitely the tank of my small collection that includes includes the Big Rock, Rival MT10 and a Slash. The BR is quick and flies really well but has required too many fixes and upgrades to be reliable (new shocks ordered today); the Rival is a ridiculously tough little gem that I can't seem to break and the Slash is just for fun. The Sketer has proven reliable and tough, handles better than it should and is plenty fast with an extra tooth or two on the pinion.

I love the little guy takes all the abuse I can dish out but it really is my do all truck its quick for those small jumps at full speed and you can make it jump 20 to 30 metres 2 foot off the ground and it'll drive reasonably around the track and will do some stunts with bigger wheels its built like a tank and easy to work on what's not to love

Back