What is your Corally RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adapters are OK for low-current operations like charging, but not so good for running, where the amperage draw gets high. That being said, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
That's true or just buy a lipo with xt90. Running corally lipos atm but wanna try another brand.

My Radix just arrived, and I found out that the 6s Zeee battery I bought for my Radix doesn't fit in the battery tray (the battery is too long). The CNHL batteries I have with EC5 connectors are also too long. Trying to find batteries with a decent mAh rating and C rating that fit and have XT90 connectors hasn't been easy. For now, I settled on a pair of HRB 4000mAh batteries with a 60c rating because I can get them tomorrow. I will look into Corally batteries and others that will fit when I have more time to research them.

My Radix just arrived, and I found out that the 6s Zeee battery I bought for my Radix doesn't fit in the battery tray (the battery is too long). The CNHL batteries I have with EC5 connectors are also too long. Trying to find batteries with a decent mAh rating and C rating that fit and have XT90 connectors hasn't been easy. For now, I settled on a pair of HRB 4000mAh batteries with a 60c rating because I can get them tomorrow. I will look into Corally batteries and others that will fit when I have more time to research them.
You might want to check into the battery tray from the V2 models. C00180-615. Bolts right in and gives more room for batteries.

While not optimum, you can get an adapter for EC5 to XT90 to make sure the ESC works well. I like to run it that way until I'm confident in the ESC before changing connectors which usually voids the warrantee. You might consider what connectors your friends use. Having some commonality will help at times for sharing or borrowing batteries and such.

Enjoy your Radix!

Hurricane

You might want to check into the battery tray from the V2 models. C00180-615. Bolts right in and gives more room for batteries.

Hurricane
The part number you provided crosses to a Kronos, Dementor, Shogun, Muraco and Jambo. There's no indication it will fit a Radix.

According to the ex view of tc website Radix and Dementor share the same chassis plate as well as the side walls.
So the tray c-00180-615 will fit.

The part number you provided crosses to a Kronos, Dementor, Shogun, Muraco and Jambo. There's no indication it will fit a Radix.
It fits great in my Radix and it’s an interesting thing... even though the Kronos is the longer wheelbase than the Radix, the area for the electronics is the same space. The difference is all behind the electronics area.
Hurricane

According to the ex view of tc website Radix and Dementor share the same chassis plate as well as the side walls.
So the tray c-00180-615 will fit.
Thanks. Does the V2 battery tray move the ESC towards the rear? If not, the V2 battery tray will not help because my battery tray is already as far forward as it can go.

Radix battery tray.jpg

The HRB 4000mAh 60c batteries I ordered arrived late yesterday. They are a perfect fit for my Radix 6: it's like they were designed for this battery tray. Unless these batteries turn out to be poor performers, I'll stick with the stock battery tray for now.

Thanks. Does the V2 battery tray move the ESC towards the rear? If not, the V2 battery tray will not help because my battery tray is already as far forward as it can go.

View attachment 2131
Just swapped out my Radix battery tray for a Dementor battery tray, fits perfectly. Just needed to add a few screws to attach the ESC tray to the battery tray (2 pieces vs 1 in Radix). You might want to put some double sided tape under the ESC tray to secure it a bit better. The ESC is attached with screws BTW.

20220419_203845.jpg

Just swapped out my Radix battery tray for a Dementor battery tray, fits perfectly. Just needed to add a few screws to attach the ESC tray to the battery tray (2 pieces vs 1 in Radix). You might want to put some double sided tape under the ESC tray to secure it a bit better. The ESC is attached with screws BTW.

View attachment 2224
I put the V2 large battery tray into my Radix6 a few days ago. It was a tight fit, but it worked. I did have to put a piece of high-density foam behind my HRB 4000mah 6s battery to prevent the battery from shifting in the larger tray.

Radix chassis with large battery tray.jpg

For my Radix - Turnigy Rapid 5500mAh 4S2P 140C Hardcase-Lipo-Akku XT90 ROAR from Hobbyking
I used to buy the Turnigy batteries back in the day, say 10 years ago..always good for me. Nowadays I just buy whatevers cheap on amazon..lots of them, so when they crap out I just toss em and grab another..

I've only tried CNHL hardcase 4S 5600mAh in my Kronos and I'm very happy with the punch and life. They were quite expensive but I say that with someone who has only had experience buying drone batteries that are around 1000-1400mAh so over half the price due to the massively reduced capacity.

That being said, I have tried sticking in my CNHL 6S drone battery (1200mAh softcase) just to see what happened. Obviously the run only lasted about 2 minutes or so and I thought the battery was gonna catch fire the weird shape it had deformed from the heat :LOL:

Ah yes, Turnigy, Zippy and Rhino LiPos from Hobbyking were brilliant 10 or so years ago. I did look at buying more from HK, but the shipping costs into the UK were just to expensive.
Nowadays it's Amazon - same day/next day free delivery is very hard to beat.
Zeeee 5200mAh 80c (twin 2s) are great value, and I've also got Yooowooo 5000mAh 4s 100c Graphene which is also holding up well and staying balanced. I tend to buy them when they're on offer/have vouchers, so it's normally less than 40 quid.
I get whichever are the best capacity/C rating/price, and switch connectors to XT90. Yes soldering 10awg isn't fun, but certainly easier onto XT90 than a Deans.
20230419_230136.jpg

Back