What is your Corally RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like all the batteries on amazon are probably from the same factory? My brother has a crap load of TRX and a few Spektrum.. I don't see much difference from those to my cheapo amazon batteries..except he pays triple what I do, love him but he's not the sharpest toolšŸ¤£
Same for the chargers.. do I really care if the charger can detect the battery is 2,4 or 6s? Nope..nothing is idiot proof no matter what the manufacturers tell me. Biggest difference I see in the better chargers vs cheap is the finishing rated. If I need a faster charge, I leave the balance unplugged. Mind you, I don't charge batteries in the house either, so.

Seems like all the batteries on amazon are probably from the same factory? My brother has a crap load of TRX and a few Spektrum.. I don't see much difference from those to my cheapo amazon batteries..except he pays triple what I do, love him but he's not the sharpest toolšŸ¤£
Same for the chargers.. do I really care if the charger can detect the battery is 2,4 or 6s? Nope..nothing is idiot proof no matter what the manufacturers tell me. Biggest difference I see in the better chargers vs cheap is the finishing rated. If I need a faster charge, I leave the balance unplugged. Mind you, I don't charge batteries in the house either, so.
My non-smart LiPo charger can tell how many cells a LiPo is when it's plugged in.

My non-smart LiPo charger can tell how many cells a LiPo is when it's plugged in.
Sweet, I'm not knocking the smart chargers, it's just something I don't feel the need for. I'd rather buy more batteries and partsāœŒ

Personally I buy what is good value and on offer at the time šŸ˜‰ coincidently that happens to be the pink CNHL batteries almost always šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
You guys over in the states donā€™t know how lucky you are and spoilt for choice on batteries..!! Over here ( UK ) itā€™s so hard to get decent batteries without having to order from China and wait about 1 1/2 months for them to arrive šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

My current stock is CNHL, Turnigy Graphenes and a mixture of HRBā€™s

I always keep an eye on the CNHL website as they run deals quite often šŸ‘šŸ¼

I always try to by from trusted brands with their own (eu) warehouses. My experience is that service and warranty are much better.

So for me itā€™s CNHL, Gens_Ace, Ovonic and Hobbyking (Turnigy)

I've got core rc 3s lipos that seem really good, punchy and last well in my 3s truck..
Just bought zeee hardcase 3s from amazon not run them yet, great price and quality looks good, reviews looked great so took a punt..

I'd say that any of the generic batteries from amazon, Ali Express ect are a good buy..with that tho, there are higher probabilities of defects..I always read reviews, how many ratings and such.

I like Team Corally hard case batteries, and PowerHobby. My two go to brands.

I like Team Corally hard case batteries, and PowerHobby. My two go to brands.
Can't argue with you, but my brain or maybe it's my wallet, that won't let me go therešŸ¤”
CNHL 4s@$50 vs TC 4s@$120.. I love TC products but..

Can't argue with you, but my brain or maybe it's my wallet, that won't let me go therešŸ¤”
CNHL 4s@$50 vs TC 4s@$120.. I love TC products but..
Oh I hear ya. I am actually talking to CNHL about carrying their batteries. When I do that, Ill swap brands for sure.

I have 2 gensacearespammers Bashing Series lipos which seem just as powerful as my SMC lipos. I go with either:D

I have 2 gens Bashing Series lipos which seem just as powerful as my SMC lipos. I go with either:D
Wonder why it says Gensacespammers on my screen?

CNHL 5600mAh 120c 4s racing series hard case packsšŸ‘ŒšŸ¼ Still have to get the connection changed but these packs are awesome! I have a pair of the 3s also and they are punchy as hell and great run time. They fit the Sketer battery tray great just a little short but I like to run foam in my trays for adding protection anyways so they are perfect.
20220215_143341.jpg
20220215_143632.jpg

I'm a bit ashamed of my battery collection to be honest! Two 5000mAh 4S Traxxas packs, one 3S that came with a ZD Racing RTR, and like 8 2S packs that came with the various WlToys cars we have.
I'm planning to start buying CNHLs as needed.

I'm a bit ashamed of my battery collection to be honest! Two 5000mAh 4S Traxxas packs, one 3S that came with a ZD Racing RTR, and like 8 2S packs that came with the various WlToys cars we have.
No shame in having something that works IMO!!
They got you this faršŸ‘
I buy what makes sense for me, I know there's better than zeee,goldbat,CNHL.. basically whatevers popular and affordable.
I certainly won't say there's no difference in higher end, but not worth it for me.
Only brand I'm not feeling so far is the goldbats..they're puffing, and voltage dropping after less than a year.
Don't worry about having the best, only what makes sense for your needs.
TRX packs aren't bad,just overpriced IMO.

For the price and performance CNHL is hard to beat for sure. I've have lots of other brands such as Goldbat, Hoovo, Youme, Dynamite, SMC etc and they all have puffed, drop voltage fast or loose a cell in first 6 months or so. I've got a couple CNHL packs I've speed ran over 50 times and they don't drop voltage, puff nothing and are going on their second year of use. SMC for me has been the worst both the V2 and DV extremes I got within 10 uses are already going bad, last bash with them packs hit 150Ā° and swelled they were hotter than my motor and escšŸ¤¦

As long as they work for you it's all good šŸ‘
I'm running zeee 3s 5200mah packs 2 for Ā£52 on amazon, really impressed with these.. I've heard CNHL are good too..

I use SMC. Also I like my HRPā€™s off Amazon they have lasted me years and perform good. And Iā€™ve also had some Turnigy Heavy Duty Lipos 6S 4000mah packs that work like a charm for a couple years now.

Back