What is your Corally RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes, Turnigy, Zippy and Rhino LiPos from Hobbyking were brilliant 10 or so years ago. I did look at buying more from HK, but the shipping costs into the UK were just to expensive.
Nowadays it's Amazon - same day/next day free delivery is very hard to beat.
Zeeee 5200mAh 80c (twin 2s) are great value, and I've also got Yooowooo 5000mAh 4s 100c Graphene which is also holding up well and staying balanced. I tend to buy them when they're on offer/have vouchers, so it's normally less than 40 quid.
I get whichever are the best capacity/C rating/price, and switch connectors to XT90. Yes soldering 10awg isn't fun, but certainly easier onto XT90 than a Deans.View attachment 3834
Yes to all your points.. Turnigy were darned good for the price 10 years ago. The Zeees were a steal about 3 years ago. Once they started getting popular, the prices went up. Name of the game I guess..still good, just not the steal of a deal they were. I picked a pair of 3s Sypom 5500mah 80c for $37!! Now, 1 of them is like $40.. been great though. Socokin too.

Interesting thread! I envy you guys that can just hop on amazon and get your batteries like 3 days later. Getting batteries out here can be tricky, unfortunately.

Right now I have a mix of batteries. I have SMC TrueSpec 4S, Liperior 4S, 3S, 2S HV, Fantom 2S, NHX 3S and CNHL 3S HV. Previously it was just NHX and Fantom.

SMC - not bad, seems to be able to keep up amp draw, but sometimes can get a little warm. I'm not sure if it's the motor that isn't playing nice, but my gearing isn't anything ridiculous; 13T on a 2050KV motor, 15T on a 1570KV. That's with the stock 52T spur on a Shogun.

Liperior - fairly new acquisition, but the punch seems to be better than NHX and similar to the CNHL HV. I like how the 5000mAh hard pack is LCG. Be forewarned, though: the 5000mAh hardpacks are long. They are an exact fit for the truggy battery box. They're too long for the Python battery box and my EB48.3 box needed to be modded.

Fantom - fairly good batteries. Expensive, but they absolutely rocked in my touring cars. I run my 2S packs in series; punch is good but sometimes they can get warm. They are also fairly used (going on 2 years, 2 of them are almost 3 years old), but they're still holding up.

NHX - good batteries for the price range. They don't have the most punch, the C ratings (of course) arent 100% accurate, but they're a good mid-range battery. Coincidentally, my 3S 5200mAh hardcase batteries are the grandfather of the bunch at 3 years old. I just checked the IR last month: 2.0 for two cells, 2.1 for the third. Color me impressed.

CNHL - got the 3S HV 6000mAh on a trade for some NHX batteries. They seem ok for punch, but I don't like how they're already a little puffed at less than 6 months of life. I got them puffed, BTW...they didn't puff up on me. I'll see how the Liperior line compares against them as I use the Liperior batteries more and make a choice about phasing them (CNHL) out or not.

I have nothing to compare them to but the corally ones are great imho.

They seem to be lower end from pure stats but still great.

5400mAh, 50c, Sport Racing, 4S.
Runs great with my Asuga.

When driving fast with few downtime they last about 20 minutes. Average driving, few jumps and drifting and they last over 30. Seems pretty okay to me.

I think quite a few lipo battery claims are a touch.....exaggerated.
For me, the good batteries are those which I can run until LVC, then on charge will take around the rated capacity to fill. Bonus if they balance on the charger in just over an hour.

Currently liking my HobbyKing Rapid 5500mAh, 140c (🤔), and did I mention they were cheap?

For me, the good batteries are those which I can run until LVC, then on charge will take around the rated capacity to fill. Bonus if they balance on the charger in just over an hour.

Currently liking my HobbyKing Rapid 5500mAh, 140c (🤔), and did I mention they were cheap?
I was torn between those and CNHL's, I bought the CNHL G+, which Turnigy also has. The CNHL were cheaper, free shipping, no tax. I couldn't find much of any reviews on the Turnigy Rapids though.

The Turning rapids were about £25, shipping from the UK warehouse back before Xmas. One pair arrived, the other pair are still MIA with royal mail, and HK customer service is piss-poor, so my lovely credit card people got me a refund for those.

Still worth a look if there's an offer on.

The Turning rapids were about £25, shipping from the UK warehouse back before Xmas. One pair arrived, the other pair are still MIA with royal mail, and HK customer service is piss-poor, so my lovely credit card people got me a refund for those.

Still worth a look if there's an offer on.
Yeah, glad to hear the batteries are good, sorry bout the crappy service.
I might still give the Rapids a try. The 4s 8200' are $68 each here in the US, free shipping I believe. The CNHL G+ came in under $100 for 2 6000mah 4s. Couldn't resist..then when they came I started second guessing, how am I going to fit these?🤔 Standing on their sides, only way without modding the trays.. as long as I don't go huge air they should be fine.😬🤞🤣

Got those 2. Really nice. Now trying some chnl 3s softcase for 6s use in my Asuga.

The thing often overlooked with lipo packs is the actual build quality. I had a pair of 4s packs fail when the +ve tab detached from the cell. Both fractured at the crimp, so it was impossible to re-connect as a 4s 😫
Both were (very carefully) converted into 3s soft packs, wrapped, and now power the Punisher to ridiculous 6s speeds!
Youme power 6500 (although 6200 printed on the actual cells) and they were really cheap on Amazon, so I wasn't too upset.

.......... as long as I don't go huge air they should be fine.😬🤞🤣
Isn't huge air part of the fun????
And sticky velcro in the tray and on the batteries helps stop unexpected battery ejections!

Last edited:
Back