Kronos XTR What do people use for shock standoffs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep snapping my shock stand offs off. Now im.using stainless steel m4 bolts. But this is only a temp fix.
That sucks,sorry to hear. I haven't had any breaks with mine. I wonder how the TC standoffs compare to Arrma? M2C and I believe JBI make standoffs for the Arrmas. You could probably use Arrma shock caps and bushings with M2C standoffs. Pretty sure TC and Arrma shocks are both 16mm diameter.

That sucks,sorry to hear. I haven't had any breaks with mine. I wonder how the TC standoffs compare to Arrma? M2C and I believe JBI make standoffs for the Arrmas. You could probably use Arrma shock caps and bushings with M2C standoffs. Pretty sure TC and Arrma shocks are both 16mm diameter.
I wonder if the Tekno standoffs would work? They are really beefy. I've broken 2 or 3 on my Outcast since 2017. Pretty sure I broke that many of the stock standoffs in the first week 😂

Custom RC Upgrades will have some titanium ones ready this week I believe.

https://customrcupgrades.com/
That's good,but tool steel is stronger I believe?

Screenshot_20220516-075215_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wonder if the Tekno standoffs would work? They are really beefy. I've broken 2 or 3 on my Outcast since 2017. Pretty sure I broke that many of the stock standoffs in the first week 😂
I have heard of the Arrma standoffs breaking as well, hence the M2C suggestion. But yeah,Tekno may be a more affordable option than M2C. 🍻

Just bought myself an XTR so I'll be follwing this thread as it seems this is possibly something I'll be looking to upgrade in the near future.

Seems to be the most common weak point on the XTR? I hope Corally reads this forum and they come up with some beefier standoffs.

Seems to be the most common weak point on the XTR? I hope Corally reads this forum and they come up with some beefier standoffs.
Rumor has it they're listening , thought I read somewhere here on the forum that the owner or similar does indeed browse this forum. Not sure..
My only real issues thus far are tie rods/steer links and diff cups. No broken standoffs.
We all do different things with our toys, so what's great or or good enough for me may not be strong enough for others.
Love my xtr tho! "No regerts" 🤣🤣

Rumor has it they're listening , thought I read somewhere here on the forum that the owner or similar does indeed browse this forum. Not sure..
My only real issues thus far are tie rods/steer links and diff cups. No broken standoffs.
We all do different things with our toys, so what's great or or good enough for me may not be strong enough for others.
Love my xtr tho! "No regerts" 🤣🤣
No that was Jason Dearden from Arrma saying that he doesn't do forums, but he posts all the time on the poop show that is the Arrma Rc Army on Facebook.

I keep snapping my shock stand offs off. Now im.using stainless steel m4 bolts. But this is only a temp fix.
I keep snapping my shock stand offs off. Now im.using stainless steel m4 bolts. But this is only a temp fix.to
Get the tekno ones but for now get the shock covers from the sketer and add that yellow padding that comes in the box to under the front of Body..Cut in half and duct tape under the hood and nose of body

Get the tekno ones but for now get the shock covers from the sketer and add that yellow padding that comes in the box to under the front of Body..Cut in half and duct tape under the hood and nose of body
Ty for the tips.

I bought new shocks for the front. Game. They came with new standoffs. I bought generic shock cap protectors from ebay. Now I think it's good to go.

Last edited:
Back