What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1649588565531.png

Nothing spectacular, just some heat shrink tubes and cable ties to bring color into life

659A4ED9-240A-4A5A-B0D2-2D8063BCC70C.jpeg

and a good looking wheel nut wrench 🤩

8F1100F3-1746-4162-AB16-9FA8BCBD50D9.jpeg

You're starting to sound a lot like me..!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm not quite up to your level of upgrades, but I've got a lot coming this week - 7075 shock towers, 7075 hinge pin mounts, 7075 steering deck, 7075 front upper hinge pin mount, and a large battery tray. I already have the 7075 chassis braces installed. A new Ackerman plate and steering rack stiffener might just be in the cards, but those items are for another payday.

Shortly after my last post I bought a 40mm aluminum cooling fan for the motor. I have a fan bracket left over from another motor and I will be using that to mount the fan.

Got a protek lipo and body mount kit for my MST RMX, Also got Some Oracal 651 Blk and Wht vinyl.

The last upgrades I truly want for my Radix6 XP are the red aluminum countersunk washers for the two smaller M3 fasteners on the front and rear skid plates. I was able to find a set of eight on Ebay for $9.52 (tax and free shipping included) from a US source that will get them to me by May 2nd.

I think the only upgrades I have left to consider buying are the carbon fiber brace that connects the aluminum front and rear chassis braces; the composite shock cap protectors from a Sketer or Kronos; and possibly the 7075 chassis plate. I'm not into large jumps, so all three are nice-to-haves for me rather than have-to-haves.

I ordered ceramic bearings to replace the wheel bearings in my Radix6: I may have gotten the original steel bearings wet, and I'm replacing them with ceramic bearings as a precaution. I also ordered the HD steering blocks for my new Muraco (it came with the old-style steering blocks).

Back