Kronos XTR Upper Hinge Pin...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
The lock nut on the upper hinge pin on the left side refuses to stay on. Anyone else having this issue? I used different lock nuts, applied thread lock, cranked it down, left it loose...the dang thing backs off just about every run.

What gives?!

(no judging on the dirt and sand...it's all clean now)

PXL_20231119_173548493.jpg

I have never had this issue with my Kronos XTR. My lower hinge pins were my issue. You might try replacing the entire upper hinge pin. Maybe the treads on the pin are faulty.

Is there enough exposed thread to reach the nylon locking portion of the nut? Ideally there should be about 1-2 threads sticking through the top (end of the nut) when it's tight.
Is the clip on spacer correct?

Last edited:
The lock nut on the upper hinge pin on the left side refuses to stay on. Anyone else having this issue? I used different lock nuts, applied thread lock, cranked it down, left it loose...the dang thing backs off just about every run.

What gives?!

View attachment 4849
Locknuts shouldn't be able to loosen like that. Replace the locknut with a new one. It's captive so I really can't see how it can come undone. 🤔

What gives?!

View attachment 4849
Feel silly now - just noticed something I should have done on my earlier post - look at these:

1000013202.png

Those pins are supposed to be threaded all the way to the end. They're defective pins!!

Replace the pins and use new lock nuts and the problem goes away.

I have!! Same side too.. IDK what's going on. I found it loose like 3 different times, then it was gone (the nut). I replaced with new, but haven't run the truck much since. Something weird going on though. I haven't had it apart enough times for the plastic to be worn out?🤷‍♂️ my guess, something is tweaked in the front end. I know my upper arms are flopping like crazy, the suspension is actually getting hung up cuz the arms are so worn at the pivot pin area. Maybe sloppy arms are causing the pin/screw to turn and back out? I also think it's only on the left side because the right side would try to turn the opposite, thefore staying tight?

Feel silly now - just noticed something I should have done on my earlier post - look at these:

View attachment 4864
Those pins are supposed to be threaded all the way to the end. They're defective pins!!

Replace the pins and use new lock nuts and the problem goes away.
I'm not following? Are your pins as pictured here or threaded all the way through? They should look like the ones pictured no?

I have!! Same side too.. IDK what's going on. I found it loose like 3 different times, then it was gone (the nut). I replaced with new, but haven't run the truck much since. Something weird going on though. I haven't had it apart enough times for the plastic to be worn out?🤷‍♂️ my guess, something is tweaked in the front end. I know my upper arms are flopping like crazy, the suspension is actually getting hung up cuz the arms are so worn at the pivot pin area. Maybe sloppy arms are causing the pin/screw to turn and back out? I also think it's only on the left side because the right side would try to turn the opposite, thefore staying tight?

I'm not following? Are your pins as pictured here or threaded all the way through? They should look like the ones pictured no?
The OP's original picture shows the pins where the thread doesn't go all the way to the end. That's a manufacturing issue.

1000013203.png

Perhaps you're right! 😅 In that case, it's time to implement the large fixing hammer ...🤣
I really think the pin is turning every so slightly with each cycle of the suspension going up and down..eventually the nut backs off..when that happens, there is nothing to stop the pin from backing out. I think in the OP picture the pin is partially backed out. Without seeing the pin from the front, hard to say but, yeah, I have indeed had same problem on the same side.

Back