United Kingdom UK Members Shoutout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.AJ.

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Radix
Be interesting to see how many UK members are on here

So say hi and where you are based, I’ll start

AJ - Basingstoke, Hampshire 👍

I am in Godalming so about 40 mins from Bashingstoke

Are there any tracks near you ?

Horatio, Wales.
IMG_20220509_221528.jpg

IMG_20230331_195431.jpg

That Kronos looks mean

Those tyres are awesome
Thank you. It's very rapid too....
Screenshot_20230810-202148.png

Screenshot_20230810-195155.png

Not many people show their 0-60 times, because A) people are obsessed with just adding the biggest pinion they can and B) improving 0-60 is actually surprisingly difficult.

Turns out, the XTR is rapid. I'd love to see everyone else's 0-60 times. This was using Corally electronics and motor on 6S.

Dual cooling fans keep stuff cool, and dusty motors chassis shroud keeps stuff getting into the gubbins. Works for me! 😊

IMG_20220915_123624.jpg

IMG_20220512_203517.jpg

Last edited:
Can’t get my Python past 63mph, using two 150C 3S batts and a 19 pinion. Factory esc and motor. I do have a SpeedTek 40T centre diff but not tried it yet as it may be too much for the esc with a 24T pinion. Any thoughts would be helpful, don’t really want to change the esc. I just use the Python for fun on the playing fields but it would be nice to match the UK speed limit on tarmac.

Can’t get my Python past 63mph, using two 150C 3S batts and a 19 pinion. Factory esc and motor. I do have a SpeedTek 40T centre diff but not tried it yet as it may be too much for the esc with a 24T pinion. Any thoughts would be helpful, don’t really want to change the esc. I just use the Python for fun on the playing fields but it would be nice to match the UK speed limit on tarmac.
What electronics setup are you using?

What batteries exactly, brand, model, age?

The factory motor and esc as Kuron 825 and Torox 185. All my batteries are less than 6 months old and have only been used half a dozen times, they are:-
HRB 4500mah 100C. 6S
Youme 4500mah. 60C 6S
Yowoo. 3000mah. 150C. 3S x2

Maybe it’s down to not having enough room to get fully up to speed before I have to start slowing down. I only have about 150metres, need to find a long straight quiet road. Where I live there are no quiet ones. I also have the wheelie bar and large plastic bumper fitted. I can’t see that having that much effect though

23579CBC-BCB7-4C8E-83C2-5E9597A59A70.jpeg

The factory motor and esc as Kuron 825 and Torox 185. All my batteries are less than 6 months old and have only been used half a dozen times, they are:-
HRB 4500mah 100C. 6S
Youme 4500mah. 60C 6S
Yowoo. 3000mah. 150C. 3S x2

Maybe it’s down to not having enough room to get fully up to speed before I have to start slowing down. I only have about 150metres, need to find a long straight quiet road. Where I live there are no quiet ones. I also have the wheelie bar and large plastic bumper fitted. I can’t see that having that much effect though

View attachment 4591
You do need long, smooth stretches of road for speed runs really.

Those batteries aren’t great brands, the 3000mah pack is far too small capacity so it won’t be able to output the current required by the motor, regardless of it supposed “150c” rating, which I can guarantee will be a fake, over-estimated rating.

The tyres you are running also aren’t suitable for speed runs, the rubber will be a little soft and the tread pattern not suited to road use.

You do need long, smooth stretches of road for speed runs really.

Those batteries aren’t great brands, the 3000mah pack is far too small capacity so it won’t be able to output the current required by the motor, regardless of it supposed “150c” rating, which I can guarantee will be a fake, over-estimated rating.

The tyres you are running also aren’t suitable for speed runs, the rubber will be a little soft and the tread pattern not suited to road use.
Yeah, I get you with the tyres. I have some gold dboots coming. The 150C batteries do seem down on power a bit. They are new, charge well but best of all they were free. Unfortunately they would only let me have two.
My main point of inquiry is would my Torox 185 ESC stand up to using the SpeedTek centre diff spool. It’s a 40T and I have pinions up to 30T. Thought I would try a 23T pinion and gently increase the power of a couple of runs, keeping an eye on temperatures.

Yeah, I get you with the tyres. I have some gold dboots coming. The 150C batteries do seem down on power a bit. They are new, charge well but best of all they were free. Unfortunately they would only let me have two.
My main point of inquiry is would my Torox 185 ESC stand up to using the SpeedTek centre diff spool. It’s a 40T and I have pinions up to 30T. Thought I would try a 23T pinion and gently increase the power of a couple of runs, keeping an eye on temperatures.
The Torox 185 should be fine until up to 100mph or so, that being said, I'm not a speed runner so others may have more experience on that. I would advise, if it doesn't have one already to fit a cap pack, the OEM ones that Hobbywing fits look like a small cylindrical module attached to the power wires on the ESC. A cap pack will help the ESC handle the high load as it will provide a small reserve of power which the ESC can draw upon when the voltage of the battery drops briefly under load, this reduces voltage 'spikes' or 'ripple' and helps the ESC run cooler.

The Torox 185 should be fine until up to 100mph or so, that being said, I'm not a speed runner so others may have more experience on that. I would advise, if it doesn't have one already to fit a cap pack, the OEM ones that Hobbywing fits look like a small cylindrical module attached to the power wires on the ESC. A cap pack will help the ESC handle the high load as it will provide a small reserve of power which the ESC can draw upon when the voltage of the battery drops briefly under load, this reduces voltage 'spikes' or 'ripple' and helps the ESC run cooler.
Thanks, I am more into bashing about on grass myself too, just fancied a little change. I can not understand spending thousands just for 30 seconds. Amazing to see all the engineering that goes into reaching 200+mph. I just want to have a bit of fun.
The V2 Python comes with a 3 cap pack fitted in line. I only want to get to the 70mph that Corally state in can do!
My HSP 1/10 buggy stated 54mph after a bit of modifying it did 58mph. Definitely not 54mph out of the box, it’s just a sales gimmick. Not going down that route again with Corally it will be to expensive just for a bit of fun.

Thanks, I am more into bashing about on grass myself too, just fancied a little change. I can not understand spending thousands just for 30 seconds. Amazing to see all the engineering that goes into reaching 200+mph. I just want to have a bit of fun.
The V2 Python comes with a 3 cap pack fitted in line. I only want to get to the 70mph that Corally state in can do!
My HSP 1/10 buggy stated 54mph after a bit of modifying it did 58mph. Definitely not 54mph out of the box, it’s just a sales gimmick. Not going down that route again with Corally it will be to expensive just for a bit of fun.
Ok, in that case then, I would say the biggest changes will come from tyres and batteries. Forget about fitting a spool or massive pinion. You batteries and later on ESC won’t be able to handle the high load, not to mention how hot the motor would get.

I’m not sure if Corally state what gearing is required to hit 70mph, but I would ask them and go from there.

22/46 got my radix to 72, 2200kv hobbywing motor but was only on 100mm tires too so on a stock machine a 22 pinion should get you there assuming your batteries don't sag too much

22/46 got my radix to 72, 2200kv hobbywing motor but was only on 100mm tires too so on a stock machine a 22 pinion should get you there assuming your batteries don't sag too much
Mine has the 2050 Kuron motor. The stock centre diff is 46 and I have a 23 pinion. The new tyres are also 100mm. So I need more room to get up to speed and allow for it to slow down. As you said with a good battery, I have a fair chance

Ok, in that case then, I would say the biggest changes will come from tyres and batteries. Forget about fitting a spool or massive pinion. You batteries and later on ESC won’t be able to handle the high load, not to mention how hot the motor would get.

I’m not sure if Corally state what gearing is required to hit 70mph, but I would ask them and go from there.
Hi.
Thanks for your information regarding this. Having watched a lot of on line videos on trying to achieve there have been a few who have done this just by changing the pinion and spur gears, keeping the same stock esc and motor. As you state the battery and tyres are the first that need addressing before trying to get anywhere near my goal. I would have thought that a 4500mah 100C 6S battery that has only had half a dozen charges would be capable of getting me to 70mph with the correct gearing. It has got me to 60 on my stock tyres. Having never tried any speed runs except for a quick sprint across a car park, I have to bow down to experience. If this is going to cost me more than a new set of boots and a higher rated battery then I will stick to the playing fields. May be I need to buy a Limitless or X-01 to use on the road. The Python isn’t exactly built for speed runs on smooth tarmac. This will be a no go area for her who must be obeyed.

Back