Sketer Tryna put parts together for this “widening” kit. I have a question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project_revenant

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
This might be a dumb question but I’m putting a cart together for the “widening kit upgrade” for the Sketer. Are these the same other than the length of the half dogbone shaft thingy?
C2556323-52F4-48F7-892A-D2546AB3E5F9.jpeg

Got to Jenny's RC, it's all there.

Screenshot_20220207-225338_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220207-225318_Chrome.jpg

What's your widening kit specs? Are you adding wider arms or just the wider hubs and axle stubs?

Well shoot… this is what I ordered, I planned on just taking the front cv’s apart and just attaching the ends to the current Sketer ones. I guess I’ll either have a cool truck or a time if waisted parts. I guess we’ll see.

F6E9E692-147F-4B1A-A48B-ECC8349BABF4.jpeg

AC01DD4D-779D-424C-8CC0-CF394BE3DDC7.jpeg

Those will do. I'm trying the cheaper option with the older components.
Fair enough. I did see the “v1” components. But I’m thinking they changed them for a reason so I though it best to get the newest version. I just really hope she doesn’t turn like a semi truck when I’m done.

Fair enough. I did see the “v1” components. But I’m thinking they changed them for a reason so I though it best to get the newest version. I just really hope she doesn’t turn like a semi truck when I’m done.
I'll let ya know by Thursday at the latest. I have all my parts and the Kaiju Wheels now. Was hoping to do this over last weekend. But had company.

I'll let ya know by Thursday at the latest. I have all my parts and the Kaiju Wheels now. Was hoping to do this over last weekend. But had company.
I'm not sure Kaiju wheels will work. Original 3.8" Badlands will (1/2" offset, not the MX38 version).

@razorrc question for you. I got these as just a cheep trial option to see if I want to even keep the wide kit installed at all. You think these will work “best guess”? I don’t know the offset.
B81C6930-B415-4535-AD45-9308B88B0F88.jpeg
5AEF53CF-5068-4048-9686-65593A96C062.jpeg

@razorrc question for you. I got these as just a cheep trial option to see if I want to even keep the wide kit installed at all. You think these will work “best guess”? I don’t know the offset.

no idea

Well darn. Guess I'll have to mod something else For the Kaiju wheels... Big Rock or my Typhon 3s?
Kaiju wheels might work, I don't know, but they're pretty wide. the badlands are a lot narrower and barely clear the body

Back