TRAXXAS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of what they do is ridiculous, but I kinda understand the Nero thing. That was a pretty blatant copy, and they even came up with a similar name 😂. But at the end of the day, I don’t worry about what big companies do to each other. I buy whatever works for me. I love my Xmaxx, and will probably get an XRT.
The whole Nero lawsuit was one of the cases that I least agreed with.

The laydown suspension was somehow 'patented, even though it is abundantly evident that Traxass did NOT innovate or create laydown suspension in any way shape or form - or at any scale.

Insufficient research had been carried out by whichever office awarded the half-arsed, bogus patent.

Whatever - Traxass did somehow manage to cobble together a patent, then sought to enforce it by choosing a venue in Texas that had a history of finding in favour of the complainant. It was a ruse which they rinse repeated over and over.

One which the Supreme Court made an attempt to prevent from happening (eventually) by stipulating that the defendant gets to choose the venue. But Traxass even managed to find loopholes around that

To surmise, the essence or spirit of the law - ones designed to encourage innovation and/or protect creative or inventive people are being exploited by companies for nefarious motives - principally to put competitors out of business. Meanwhile, cloned stuff gets sold all the time on a massive scale from countries that completely ignore patents. While in the west, legit companies are punished unfairly. Seems wrong to me.

This is an assault on the consumer, too, by limiting your choice.

The whole name thing is laughable really. Especially XTR and XRT. They're pretty close. Should people be worried? 🤣

I totally get that Xmaxxs are cool, cheap to fix, durable and light - loads of fun. Ditto for the XRT.

It's important that people get to enjoy their favourite rigs without prejudice.

But I genuinely believe that Traxass as a company and it's dubious tactics should be hauled to task over it and dealt with once and for all.

The whole Nero lawsuit was one of the cases that I least agreed with.

The laydown suspension was somehow 'patented, even though it is abundantly evident that Traxass did NOT innovate or create laydown suspension in any way shape or form - or at any scale.

Insufficient research had been carried out by whichever office awarded the half-arsed, bogus patent.

Whatever - Traxass did somehow manage to cobble together a patent, then sought to enforce it by choosing a venue in Texas that had a history of finding in favour of the complainant. It was a ruse which they rinse repeated over and over.

One which the Supreme Court made an attempt to prevent from happening (eventually) by stipulating that the defendant gets to choose the venue. But Traxass even managed to find loopholes around that

To surmise, the essence or spirit of the law - ones designed to encourage innovation and/or protect creative or inventive people are being exploited by companies for nefarious motives - principally to put competitors out of business. Meanwhile, cloned stuff gets sold all the time on a massive scale from countries that completely ignore patents. While in the west, legit companies are punished unfairly. Seems wrong to me.

This is an assault on the consumer, too, by limiting your choice.

The whole name thing is laughable really. Especially XTR and XRT. They're pretty close. Should people be worried? 🤣

I totally get that Xmaxxs are cool, cheap to fix, durable and light - loads of fun. Ditto for the XRT.

It's important that people get to enjoy their favourite rigs without prejudice.

But I genuinely believe that Traxass as a company and it's dubious tactics should be hauled to task over it and dealt with once and for all.
Agreed! It's (TRX) capitalism at it's worst unfortunately. I just can't deny myself the pleasure, so, I own an Xmaxx, Hoss, and recently aquired a Bandit.
The Xmaxx I requested from Mrs. KnowAir for xmas last year, but the Hoss was a used purchase from my bro @$200 and the Bandit was gifted to me by my bro. Bandit is an xl5 that he bought a few years ago and never really used. It's basically new, he also gifted me a vxl3s system for it.. it's crazy on 3s, basically out of control full time! LOL.

Agreed! It's (TRX) capitalism at it's worst unfortunately. I just can't deny myself the pleasure, so, I own an Xmaxx, Hoss, and recently aquired a Bandit.
The Xmaxx I requested from Mrs. KnowAir for xmas last year, but the Hoss was a used purchase from my bro @$200 and the Bandit was gifted to me by my bro. Bandit is an xl5 that he bought a few years ago and never really used. It's basically new, he also gifted me a vxl3s system for it.. it's crazy on 3s, basically out of control full time! LOL.
Do you think anyone would notice if I bought an XRT and slapped Arrma/Corally stickers all over it to disguise it? 🤔😝

I'm super impressed that your missus bought you an Xmaxx for Christmas. In contrast, I have to secure my 'geeky' RC cars and UAV's to avoid all of them being placed in a large bonfire while my back is turned.

Is that normal? 🤣

Do you think anyone would notice if I bought an XRT and slapped Arrma/Corally stickers all over it to disguise it? 🤔😝

I'm super impressed that your missus bought you an Xmaxx for Christmas. In contrast, I have to secure my 'geeky' RC cars and UAV's to avoid all of them being placed in a large bonfire while my back is turned.

Is that normal? 🤣
I'm betting the haters would notice an xrt in an Arrma/TC wrapper!!🤣🤣
Buy what you like. Makes no sense to buy what you don't right?
Yes, it was a very generous gift from my wife!! She gets annoyed by my infatuation of rc's too. I have a very hard time balancing my time and interests, LOL.

I'm betting the haters would notice an xrt in an Arrma/TC wrapper!!🤣🤣
Buy what you like. Makes no sense to buy what you don't right?
Yes, it was a very generous gift from my wife!! She gets annoyed by my infatuation of rc's too. I have a very hard time balancing my time and interests, LOL.
I buy what I like, but I wouldn't buy a particular brand of lager if it was crafted from the tears of Pandas, for example!

I've not bought any Traxass stuff over the years, but the Sledge, XRT, and Xmaxx are the only offerings making me the closest I've felt to being torn. Torn between principles and retail therapy. Shudder. 😬

There are so many decent, guilt-free options, I can probably hold out for at least another couple of decades!

I buy what I like, but I wouldn't buy a particular brand of lager if it was crafted from the tears of Pandas, for example!

I've not bought any Traxass stuff over the years, but the Sledge, XRT, and Xmaxx are the only offerings making me the closest I've felt to being torn. Torn between principles and retail therapy. Shudder. 😬

There are so many decent, guilt-free options, I can probably hold out for at least another couple of decades!
I hear ya, good for you sticking to your guns. I guess I gave in to the dark side. LOL.
I considered the Arrma 8s over Xmaxx but just didn't add up for me. My brother already had the X so I knew what it was like. Couldn't resist I suppose. The xrt didn't exist yet, nor the sludge(or slug).. my brother jumped right on the slug bandwagon as soon as it was available. It drives nice, looks great. That's about it. He ended up buying a v5 kraton after the slug. Loves the kraton, disgusted by the slug. It's a money pit for sure. $800 buy in, then let the upgrades begin. Driveshafts, shock caps, steering servo,esc(taken out by a driveshaft pin).All the pins on all cvds and driveshafts have been falling out. Strangest thing..even TRX replacement shafts are losing the drive pins!! I assure you, we're not hard bashers. The slug is just bad IMO (and his) but what can ya do? Into it for over $1000 now and still has issues..
He just picked up a kronos rtr too.. so he's now got (2) E Revo 2.0's, kraton v5, kronos,talion exb, typhon 6s, (2) rustler vxl 2wd, 1 4x4 rustler vxl, sludge, Maxx, Xmaxx, mini E Revo, Felony 6s..🤔 he's been on a tear! I think I'll have to start calling him money bags!! LOL.

Back