TRAXXAS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q: What did Traxass do?
A: They fired him!

I think there was a strong probability that this dude felt entitled to the same or greater bonus than he had previously.

Traxass obviously took exception and summarrily dismissed him.

Knowing Traxass, they'll have the process and protocol of sacking people down to a fine art - with every I dotted and every T crossed. Considering this company have made a profitable business from patent trolling and venue shopping etc, their legal team will no doubt understand all the tricks.

I'd love to hear more from this guy, specifically - about how sh!t went down in the office that day. I'm guessing there was more to it than just this rant.

Either way - I hope this guy finds alternative employment soon and hopefully for a company less morally bereft than Traxass.

Are you the actual dude that got fired? Or are you just re-posting this?

You know this is a Corally forum right...? 🧐
Maybe so - but this is the general chaos part of the forum. I don't imagine it's limited to Corally chaos only.🤞

Let's hope not, because the subject matter is interesting - especially to a competitor like Corally.

And it's probably a good thing that we as consumers know what Traxass is like to work for - another good reason to justify choosing:

Anything
But
Traxass

ABT.

And I’m certain he went in there calmly asking for an explanation….
You don’t get fired for asking a question, you get fired for your reaction to the answer, usually. Just saying.

You don’t get fired for asking a question, you get fired for your reaction to the answer, usually. Just saying.
I'm not going to speculate - there's nothing in the video that indicates what the problem actually was. Only that he went to HR 'with a problem' and they fired him.

Problems have solutions. Predicaments don't.

This dude was angry. Now I get that he would be annoyed about being fired. BUT - if the predicament was 'I don't like my Christmas bonus' - it probably wasn't worth kicking off in a manner that results in being fired. Doesn't look like the bonus amount was up for debate. Whoops. It may have been more prudent to politely query it, or not bother at all.

Christmas bonuses are usually discretionary, unlike performance bonuses, which are defined.

I'm still hoping the OP responds to the questions we've asked.

Either way:

ABT.

My guess is that we'll not see this dude again until he calms TFD.

Clearly, he posted on Wednesday 9:30am and was last seen 9:40am and hasn't stuck around for the AMA. 🤣

Shame, because it would be very interesting to see what we could find out about Traxass from the inside. Albeit from a very disgruntled ex-employee.

Hard to know exactly what happened... But personally I wouldn't expect it to be a nice place to work at.
I see Traxxas as the big corporate side of the hobby. It seems to me they're entirely in for maximum profit. Their business model is make an all plastic RC car and sell it for the highest price possible, then feed customers upgrade parts so that they spend at least half of what was spent on the original purchase, if not more. I don't get it, and personally I've decided I'm not going to give them any more of my money unless I see them change. I'm not saying they produce bad RC's, there good and even though they're mostly plastic, it's high quality one. But they should be way cheaper. Anyway, just my opinion.

Hard to know exactly what happened... But personally I wouldn't expect it to be a nice place to work at.
I see Traxxas as the big corporate side of the hobby. It seems to me they're entirely in for maximum profit. Their business model is make an all plastic RC car and sell it for the highest price possible, then feed customers upgrade parts so that they spend at least half of what was spent on the original purchase, if not more. I don't get it, and personally I've decided I'm not going to give them any more of my money unless I see them change. I'm not saying they produce bad RC's, there good and even though they're mostly plastic, it's high quality one. But they should be way cheaper. Anyway, just my opinion.
Well said DaniC. I think your summary is spot on. Over the years, Traxass just wasn't a brand I ever bought into. There were quite a few Tmaxx's and Revo's at the clubs I went to - for 'bashing' between rounds. I ended up with a Savage SS and despite the usual rivalry, I spent a fair few hours wrenching on the membership's Traxass stuff.

Traxass offerings - like the XRT, Xmaxx, Sledge - all seem like well designed, good looking rigs - and they're durable. It's the patent trolling stuff that doesn't sit right with the larger part of the RC community in general.

My take on Traxass stuff is that they make 'consumer RC cars' rather than the more traditional 'hobbyist' or 'racing RC cars'.

Whilst I have nothing against the cars themselves or anyone that buys them, it is quite evident that the company itself is rotten. The rampant patent trolling - amongst other dubious business practices - permanently damaged the hobby.

Having re-read your post, I realise the humour element to it - my bad! 🤣👍 Please forgive my not noticing how witty your response was the first time around. 😅

This millennial is crying about getting a bonus that HE feels is insufficient!? HaHa, good riddance you self entitled POS!!
Hey, I've worked for the same company for 26 plus years..bonus? Negative. The bottom line is I accepted the job based on the hourly rate and the job I was tasked to do..no bonus, no problem. Any bonus, thank you. What else can anyone expect?

Something tells me this kid walked into HR with more than a question, more like an attitude.. I could be wrong but, I doubt it.

This millennial is crying about getting a bonus that HE feels is insufficient!? HaHa, good riddance you self entitled POS!!
Hey, I've worked for the same company for 26 plus years..bonus? Negative. The bottom line is I accepted the job based on the hourly rate and the job I was tasked to do..no bonus, no problem. Any bonus, thank you. What else can anyone expect?
I've worked for some companies that offer a Christmas bonus - but it was never defined, and offered on a discretionary basis.

It seems that this dude went to HR under the impression it was 'a problem'.

Like you said - 'entitledness' is a problem. Plenty of older generation 'Karens' and 'Kevins' out there too!

But def8nitely a modern problem of society's own making - by insisting on everyone being so damned pc all the time.

Something tells me this kid walked into HR with more than a question, more like an attitude.. I could be wrong but, I doubt it.
It's evident from the video that there was some history - but he didn't elaborate.

He totally went in guns blazing.

But hey - he could apply to Arrma. He might be source of useful information. 🤣👍

Last edited:
I've worked for some companies that offer a Christmas bonus - but it was never defined, and offered on a discretionary basis.

It seems that this dude went to HR under the impression it was 'a problem'.

Like you said - 'entitledness' is a problem. Plenty of older generation 'Karens' and 'Kevins' out there too!

But def8nitely a modern problem of society's own making - by insisting on everyone being so damned pc all the time.

It's evident from the video that there was some history - but he didn't elaborate.

He totally went in guns blazing.

But hey - he could apply to Arrma. He might be source of useful information. 🤣👍
For sure, it's not truly a generational thing, I agree. It's like if I were let go after 26 years on the job without a severance package, then sounding off about it. After paying me to do my job for 26 years, how am I "owed" a severance pay? Sure it'd be nice, but not expected or owed. Just my opinion✌

It's the patent trolling stuff that doesn't sit right with the larger part of the RC community in general.

One of the reasons i hate this brand.

For sure, it's not truly a generational thing, I agree. It's like if I were let go after 26 years on the job without a severance package, then sounding off about it. After paying me to do my job for 26 years, how am I "owed" a severance pay? Sure it'd be nice, but not expected or owed. Just my opinion✌
Totally get what you're saying and 100% agree.

I love the way you told it as you saw it. Kudos to you.

It's impossible for me to get past. If I could, I'd probably already have an XRT sitting next to my XTR. 🤣

Some of what they do is ridiculous, but I kinda understand the Nero thing. That was a pretty blatant copy, and they even came up with a similar name 😂. But at the end of the day, I don’t worry about what big companies do to each other. I buy whatever works for me. I love my Xmaxx, and will probably get an XRT.

Back