Time for an upgrade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1208

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
Took my Kronos xtr 2021 out to a bmx track today. Had a bad landing, my xtr done it’s tumbleweed impression. The result, snapped the shock end and bent the drive shaft.
Time for some HD shock end upgrades I 🤔

C4EC3491-9E8A-4D4A-BF69-FF7A48A6F24F.jpeg

Wow, can’t get the he shock ends in Scotland. You need to pre order and will be available on the 11th of February.
I can order them from eBay and pay £30 postage WTF 😬

Not sure if your like me and have tons of arrma stuff, but kraton shocks are a direct fit. One of my Kronos xtr’s has kraton EXB shocks on it lol
The new xtr has new pistons and springs. Can’t wait to see how much better it is. I seen in videos the original shocks are very bouncy.

That is a good piece of info.
Maybe be a good idea to make a thread /?stickie with an interchangeable parts list across models and brands ?

I never really liked the Kronos stock shocks, hopefully they have improved some from V1's but i think they're still with 3.5mm shafts,
sticking some Kraton shocks on my Kronos was one of the first mods i did to my V1 back then, well that and some RPM arms :) way before the V2 arms were released

IMG_8347_resize.JPG

They arms and shocks look beefy mate 👍
I like the guards behind the front wheels.
Do they stop a lot of crud from filling the chassis ?
The front bumpers cool as well, what’s that off ?

They arms and shocks look beefy mate 👍
I like the guards behind the front wheels.
Do they stop a lot of crud from filling the chassis ?
The front bumpers cool as well, what’s that off ?
I really do like the Arrma 6s shocks but will give the Corally shocks another chance on the XTR.
The RPM arms were just a mod needed back then imo, the Corally V2 arms were released later that year are really good so i switched over.
Mudguards are a must imo, use them on most of my Bashers.
The front bumper is a RPM for the Kraton 6s and so on, not really a direct fit at all on the Kronos, needs to be modded,
POS racing made some front bash bumpers later on and i think T-Bone will develop some, hopefully RPM will release one as well.

I never really liked the Kronos stock shocks, hopefully they have improved some from V1's but i think they're still with 3.5mm shafts,
sticking some Kraton shocks on my Kronos was one of the first mods i did to my V1 back then, well that and some RPM arms :) way before the V2 arms were released

View attachment 270
We’re those arms a direct bolt on!? If not what was needed? This is a fantastic piece of advice. 👌🏻🤘🏻

We’re those arms a direct bolt on!? If not what was needed? This is a fantastic piece of advice. 👌🏻🤘🏻
no, not a direct fit all, ran out of V1 arms so no real choice back then, bunch of modding involved, using lower and upper rpm arms and talion hubs and axles along with a modded steering plate and upper hinge pin holder, ran like this for a while and worked real well but then Corally released their V2 arms so i switched over. Still kept the Kraton shocks though.

IMG_8044_resize.JPG

no, not a direct fit all, ran out of V1 arms so no real choice back then, bunch of modding involved, using lower and upper rpm arms and talion hubs and axles along with a modded steering plate and upper hinge pin holder, ran like this for a while and worked real well but then Corally released their V2 arms so i switched over. Still kept the Kraton shocks though.

View attachment 314
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Haha. Thanks for sharing ;)

Back