Team Corally Maintenance and Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Reaction score
If you're a Team Corally RC owner, here are some helpful tips on how to maintain your Corally to keep it in peak running condition.

Click here for a the complete Corally maintenance sheet!

Corally Differential Maintenance

Dependent on how you drive and the type of terrain, it may be necessary to replace the differential silicone oil every 50 runs.

team-corally-diff-maintenance.png

1. Remove 2 screws under the chassis.

2. Remove the screws from the differential cover.

3. Remove the differential.

4. Unscrew the differential (4x M3x10 screws).

5. Drain the oil from the differential.

6. Fill at 75% capacity with new silicone oil.

How to remove the Corally Center Differential

1. Remove the four screws from the differential plate cover.

2. Remove the diff plate cover.

3. Now simply remove the differential. (see the section above for maintenance!)
corally-center-diff-removal.png

Corally Shock Maintenance

Similar to differentials, depending on your driving style and the type of terrain - it may be necessary to replace the shock silicone oil ever 40 runs or so.

team-corally-shock-maintenance.png

If you're a Team Corally RC owner, here are some helpful tips on how to maintain your Corally to keep it in peak running condition.

Click here for a the complete Corally maintenance sheet!

Corally Differential Maintenance

Dependent on how you drive and the type of terrain, it may be necessary to replace the differential silicone oil every 50 runs.

View attachment 39

1. Remove 2 screws under the chassis.

2. Remove the screws from the differential cover.

3. Remove the differential.

4. Unscrew the differential (4x M3x10 screws).

5. Drain the oil from the differential.

6. Fill at 75% capacity with new silicone oil.

How to remove the Corally Center Differential

1. Remove the four screws from the differential plate cover.

2. Remove the diff plate cover.

3. Now simply remove the differential. (see the section above for maintenance!)
View attachment 41

Corally Shock Maintenance

Similar to differentials, depending on your driving style and the type of terrain - it may be necessary to replace the shock silicone oil ever 40 runs or so.

View attachment 40
Do you recommend disassembling all the diffs to make sure there properly services when new or are they pretty good a out giving you a vehicle that’s ready to go?

Do you recommend disassembling all the diffs to make sure there properly services when new or are they pretty good a out giving you a vehicle that’s ready to go?
Any time I get a new RC I personally go through them regardless if they are new or used. I feel better off knowing things are done right and how I want, rather than assuming they might be.

I figured that but didn’t stop me from hoping. I’d much rather play than repair.
Just remember this is a personal preference. Certainly not a requirement. I know several people who will buy a brand new RC, slap some batteries in it and run. I know others that won't do any maintenance ever until something breaks, then they go in and repair and run until again something breaks.

It's all a personal preference. For me the wrenching is just as much fun as the running is for me.

That's one of the best things about this hobby, there are very few "MUST DO's". It's a pretty forgiving hobby in terms of right way vs wrong way. Enjoy the hobby how you see fit. :)

Thanks for this thread, I already had all this screen shot before my new Sketer showed up. I practically already virtually tore the truck down and put it back together in my mind before I even arrived 🤤

I seen videos of servicing but was never sure exactly how full to go. Do you guys agree with the shock oils in the charts for those that have played around with them?

@WoodiE, I absolutely agree, I may new to RC, but even still, when I have had my few "accidents" and had to repair parts I've had a lot of fun learning how to do so.

My wife said she didn't want a built car, and we found a unassembled kit, and built it together, and she loved it :) this is absolutely great information in the OP, and very helpful especially for me and other newer to RC 😀

Back