Tamiya Camel Yellow Kronos XTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gatsou7

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
Took care of my clear XTR body tonight! Camel Yellow, backed with white and finally black (which took care of the windows too.) As it was my first "serious" paintjob, I tried to do everything "by the book" and I must say I'm very pleased with the result. It's got some real new waxed car shine to it! The shots were taken at dusk, so the color, of course, looks different in broad daylight, much more vibrant. I'll add daylight pics tomorrow.

IMG_20220629_222533.jpg

IMG_20220629_222553.jpg

IMG_20220629_222655.jpg

The impatient part applies to me: I tend to screw up paint jobs because I try to cover in one heavy coat rather than several light coats.

I used a airdryer to speed up the process between coats! Didn't take me more than an hour for about 10 coats total (yellow, white and black). I'm really not all that patient either ;)

I used a airdryer to speed up the process between coats! Didn't take me more than an hour for about 10 coats total (yellow, white and black). I'm really not all that patient either ;)
Well it looks good to me regardless. I actually buy rtr bodies from flea bay or JRC just so I don't have to paint or cut the body out.. but honestly, I don't generally care what it looks like as long as it's on there securely. My rc bodies are clean and shiny till first use..after that, they don't see anything but a brush and air hose for cleaning. 😉🍻
I should also add that my rc's don't go in the house either. They are stored in the garage.
It'd be different if they were in the house.

I am totally dog eggs at painting shells, but I am good at drawing (digitally) which is why I am going plain white on the Radix next and drawing up sticker sheets, the having them printed and laminated on vinyl. The advantage is if I make a mistake I just press 'undo' and have another go.

Not gonna Paint myself. 2 restless 🤣 I use decals if i am be able to find nices ones for my basherbody

Well I'm going to use it and bash it!! I'll still have pics of it looking shiny!😅
Daylight pics, just taken, before the scuffs and scratches!😁

View attachment 2628

View attachment 2629

View attachment 2630
Absolutely! That's what it's for, right?!

It's a part of the hobby. Some enjoy that part of it, which I totally respect. @BashingBrian does some seriously nice paint jobs! As do many others.

We're all here for different reasons..but the important part is we have a common interest that we enjoy sharing :D 🍻

Some say the Kronos body is ugly, I like it myself..looks a bit like "Max D" to me, which is definitely kick-ass!!😎

I think it's their interpretation of the color found on many "Camel Trophy' cars (Camel being the cigarette brand), and the recommended paint for their kits of these particular cars. You're right though, with white+black backing, it's definitely more of a yellowish orange!:p I love it though!

Took care of my clear XTR body tonight! Camel Yellow, backed with white and finally black (which took care of the windows too.) As it was my first "serious" paintjob, I tried to do everything "by the book" and I must say I'm very pleased with the result. It's got some real new waxed car shine to it! The shots were taken at dusk, so the color, of course, looks different in broad daylight, much more vibrant. I'll add daylight pics tomorrow.

View attachment 2620

View attachment 2621

View attachment 2622
Looks amazing! Quick question for you @Gatsou7 if you don't mind. I'm planning my x-mas project, I'm getting a GMade GS02F Buffalo Pickup and I want to paint it in Camel Yellow. What I don't know is how much paint do I need! This is my first paint job ever.
I was planning to do exactly the same as you, PS-19 as the main colour, backed by white PS-1 and finally black with PS-5. For the yellow, do I need one or two cans of yellow for a 1/10 body shell?

Back