Stadium truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losi has some offerings, as does Arrma. I haven't had a 1/10 stadium truck in many years myself. Of course there's also the Traxxas rustler too.
Depends on what's available in your area as well. Parts availability is important. I don't like to follow the herd myself, but am mindful of getting something no one's got parts for.
Are you interested in racing or just something to have fun with?

For a 1/10 stadium truck at a decent price, you can't go wrong with a Traxxas Rustler, either 2WD or 4WD. I own a 2WD Rustler VXL with a bunch of modifications. My original goal was to race my Rustler on a local clay track, but the opening of the track got delayed due to summer temperatures, and there is no opening date in sight. Now I just run around my large dirt backyard or on pavement, depending on which tires I have on it. It's a fun vehicle to drive, and parts support is great.

For a 1/10 stadium truck at a decent price, you can't go wrong with a Traxxas Rustler, either 2WD or 4WD. I own a 2WD Rustler VXL with a bunch of modifications. My original goal was to race my Rustler on a local clay track, but the opening of the track got delayed due to summer temperatures, and there is no opening date in sight. Now I just run around my large dirt backyard or on pavement, depending on which tires I have on it. It's a fun vehicle to drive, and parts support is great.
Yes, rumor has it TRX has got parts on the moon even,LOL. Just kidding of course, but I bet 20 years from now, one will still be able to get rustler parts. Just as they could 20 years ago!!
Great little truck, my brother likes them so much, he has 3!!

Losi has some offerings, as does Arrma. I haven't had a 1/10 stadium truck in many years myself. Of course there's also the Traxxas rustler too.
Depends on what's available in your area as well. Parts availability is important. I don't like to follow the herd myself, but am mindful of getting something no one's got parts for.
Are you interested in racing or just something to have fun with?
Bit of both

Great knowledge guys,NEW OR SECOND HAND FOR a first brand u never had b4

I'd have to say new. A new rc cost is so much less than the sum of buying the parts. You can easily exceed the cost of a new one by repairing or rebuilding a used one. Of course that also depends on you knowing what it needs and how to fix it. In general rc's aren't that complicated, but repair parts and time invested could quickly and easily exceed the cost of a new one, when adding up purchase price plus parts.
Exceptions being if you know and trust someone who is selling it, or, if it's way less than the cost of the same model new. Say less than half of a new one.
Also, I suggest avoiding buying a used model of something that is no longer available new. Chances are, parts will get harder and harder to find if the model is no longer sold new. Just my opinions of course. Good luck!!

Cheers,just dubious about different makes, buying batteries with different connectors to wot u already Ave.

More expense that's all

Mite sound thick wots difference between rustler normal and rustler vxl thx

Last edited:
Cheers,just dubious about different makes, buying batteries with different connectors to wot u already Ave.

More expense that's all
Yes, it can be confusing and intimidating all at the same time. There are many different types of connectors used in the hobby, and of course brands of batteries and chargers as well.
Traxxas and Horizon Hobby(Arrma, Losi) both have their plug and play products, also referred to as "smart" technology where a user just simply plugs in a battery and it (charger)does the rest. It is convenient, no doubt, but also somewhat expensive.
Do you know how to solder? Not necessary, but very invaluable in this hobby. Allows you to buy whatever electronics fit your budget without regards to what connectors are on them since they can easily be changed to whatever you choose. Most hobby shops and even some electronics repair stores will do these things for a fee. All not necessary of course if you select batteries and chargers equipped with the right connectors that match your vehicle to start with.

Yes, it can be confusing and intimidating all at the same time. There are many different types of connectors used in the hobby, and of course brands of batteries and chargers as well.
Traxxas and Horizon Hobby(Arrma, Losi) both have their plug and play products, also referred to as "smart" technology where a user just simply plugs in a battery and it (charger)does the rest. It is convenient, no doubt, but also somewhat expensive.
Do you know how to solder? Not necessary, but very invaluable in this hobby. Allows you to buy whatever electronics fit your budget without regards to what connectors are on them since they can easily be changed to whatever you choose. Most hobby shops and even some electronics repair stores will do these things for a fee. All not necessary of course if you select batteries and chargers equipped with the right connectors that match your vehicle to start with.
Great info,no can't solder but if I Ave to change connectors just sell the batteries I Ave,put the money I get towards a newer car

Back