Kronos Snow Bashing loss of power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btow19

Reaction score
So I was bashing in the back yard and the car did something that it has never done before. It would drive great then after maybe 30 seconds it would go into limo mode then stop. Wait about 20-30 seconds and it was back to full throttle then it would do the same thing. Thinking maybe the snow was messing with the ESC? It was about 4 inch's of snow. Anyone else had this happen before?

Did you calibrate the transmitters end points to the esc?

Nope, I have ran it a bunch and never had a problem until I played in the snow.

ESC thermal shutdown?
LiPo cold and voltage sagging to LVC?
My guess, one of these☝️
Snow can put serious loads on the electronics..motor,esc and batteries. Combined with cold temps which lipos don't like..
Try topping off the batteries in a heated area. Then take the rig back out and run with warm batteries. See if the problem persists..
Also, does the truck seem to have any delay when taking off from a stop? Overgeared won't help either..

So I'm thinking that it was to much snow for the electronics. Took it back out after some of the snow has melted a bit and it ran great for the most part. I took it in some snow and it did it again. Stayed away from the snow it was fine. Thanks for the responses.

Back