Kronos XTR Snow Bash...Perfect Conditions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
It's been a rather lackluster winter in northern New England, but a recent cold snap and dusting of snow made for some perfect snow bashing on the lake.

25 minutes of play time followed by almost two hours of drying, cleaning and rebuilding...no rust!

PXL_20240222_193319497.jpg

PXL_20240222_193836820.jpg

It's been a rather lackluster winter in northern New England, but a recent cold snap and dusting of snow made for some perfect snow bashing on the lake.

25 minutes of play time followed by almost two hours of drying, cleaning and rebuilding...no rust!

View attachment 5454

View attachment 5455
AN UPDATE...Looks like killed the ESC switch. I'll let it dry out overnight and check it again in the morning

AN UPDATE...Looks like killed the ESC switch. I'll let it dry out overnight and check it again in the morning
Well it's a castle lol, I love their esc's but man those switches! Beauty is it's a simple 2 wire so you can solder in any basic switch or just solder the wires together and unplug the battery. When I've gotten mine wet and they act up it's usually right at the esc where the switch wires plug in so may be worth blowing a bit of air right there to see if anything changes.

View attachment 5454

View attachment 5455
Nice pictures!

Loving the snow. 🤩

Well it's a castle lol, I love their esc's but man those switches! Beauty is it's a simple 2 wire so you can solder in any basic switch or just solder the wires together and unplug the battery. When I've gotten mine wet and they act up it's usually right at the esc where the switch wires plug in so may be worth blowing a bit of air right there to see if anything changes.
I concur - the switch is a bit..... rubbish. However, my example is small and was easy to mount up out of the way on the edge of the receiver box. It's got a silicone cover? Does water still get into them?

1000016098.jpg

Is it going to be unreliable?

Last edited:
Nice pictures!

Loving the snow. 🤩

I concur - the switch is a bit..... rubbish. However, my example is small and was easy to mount up out of the way on the edge of the receiver box. It's got a silicone cover? Does water still get into them?

View attachment 5462
Is it going to be unreliable?
I wouldn't loose sleep over it, I've actually only had 1 fail out of 8 or 9 castles esc's, just drives me nuts it's a top tier esc with a bargain bin switch. I've never had moisture effect the actual switch, my experience has been right where the switch plugs into the esc, on all my current ones I've given them a shot of conformal coating right there but haven't gotten wet again to verify if it's a cure or not.
But yes the small size is nice to mount.

Screenshot_20240223-071646.png

Last edited:
Oh yeah!! Love the snow bashing myself! Possibly more than dry.. better than eating dust for sure!! LOL.
I just let mine drip dry.. no additives or repellents. Bearings are cheap, rusty screws, links or cvds never bothered me. That's just how I roll though, I can respect that some wanna keep em shiny and new looking. ✌
Hell, half my rigs are packed with ice and snow still from last weekend, LOL.
The only issues I've had thus far from my ice capades are that I lost a HW Xerun 150 cuz they're NOT waterproof, which I had forgotten. The other being the BEC circuit in my Kaiju WP-8bl150.. guess after 3 years of abuse, the water finally got through..the BEC started putting out 15v..😯😬🤷‍♂️ I'm still running it though, used a HW super BEC to power everything off the main connector. 😎🤘🍻

Back