Sketer with TRX Maxx Sledgehammers ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS RC

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos
another Sketer wheel question, well i love rc wheels, tires and i'm curios that's why 😂

Sketer wheel size is 134x70mm and uses a rim that is slightly larger than 2.8 it seems, the TRX Sledgehammers are 147x70mm, does come with a 17mm hex but it's splined with tabs which would have to be modded to fit them, not really a big deal though imo. The offset does not seem to be 1/2 so hex extenders might be nice, advantage is a bit bigger tire and a wheel that is 2.8 on the outside and 3.6 on the inside, plenty of clearance. Might be a good fit for those that need bigger aircontrol and don't like belted tires.

https://www.kullagergrossisten.se/en/product/trx8973-dack-falg-sledgehammer-17mm-maxx-2-8-3-6-tsm

trx-8973_medium.jpg

I'm not straight out gonna recommend these hex adapters as the GPM quality might not be for everyone, they have however worked for me on several cars inc the Kronos. Plus side is you wouldn't have to modify the TRX rims and ofc they widen as well, the wider hubs are probably the best way of widening but these might be an alternative for some.

SketerGPM3.jpg

Last edited:
another Sketer wheel question, well i love rc wheels, tires and i'm curios that's why 😂

Sketer wheel size is 134x70mm and uses a rim that is slightly larger than 2.8 it seems, the TRX Sledgehammers are 147x70mm, does come with a 17mm hex but it's splined with tabs which would have to be modded to fit them, not really a big deal though imo. The offset does not seem to be 1/2 so hex extenders might be nice, advantage is a bit bigger tire and a wheel that is 2.8 on the outside and 3.6 on the inside, plenty of clearance. Might be a good fit for those that need bigger aircontrol and don't like belted tires.

https://www.kullagergrossisten.se/en/product/trx8973-dack-falg-sledgehammer-17mm-maxx-2-8-3-6-tsm

View attachment 1012

I'm not straight out gonna recommend these hex adapters as the GPM quality might not be for everyone, they have however worked for me on several cars inc the Kronos. Plus side is you wouldn't have to modify the TRX rims and ofc they widen as well, the wider hubs are probably the best way of widening but these might be an alternative for some.

View attachment 1013
I share your addiction, I have literally more tires and wheels than I'll ever use. Yet, I keep buying them😁
I don't have a sketer myself, but do have a TRX hoss. While I do like the sledgehammer tread design and hard compound, I am constantly regluing these things..they just won't hold for nothing? Tbh, I've always had problems of some sort with TRX wheels and tires..xmaxx come unglued, foams disintegrate, break at hubs. My brother's revo 2.0 keep coming unglued and I had a set of talons from a stampede(I think) that broke at the hub on 3 if 4 wheels.. I guess it's all part of the TRX business model🤮
If you get em, I'd like to hear how they work for you, maybe I'll buy a set anyways..hey, I'm an addict😁👍

Those tires are significantly bigger diameter, you planning to put a smaller pinion or just try it like that?

Back