Asuga Sketer wheels/tyres on Asuga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klappars

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the Grabber tyres from the Sketer on an Asuga?

I’m looking for some new wheels/tyres as I am getting frustrated with the original ones as the wheel hexes keep stripping out easily and I end up losing a wheel pretty much every run.

IMG_2647.jpeg

I have proline badlands 2.8 bon belted. on my Asuga. Works great but you need 15mm wheel hub extenders otherwise the wont fit.
tip original wheels: serrated wheelnuts are way better.

I have proline badlands 2.8 bon belted. on my Asuga. Works great but you need 15mm wheel hub extenders otherwise the wont fit.
tip original wheels: serrated wheelnuts are way better.
I’d like to not have to modify the car with hub extenders. I’m using serrated Arrma wheel nuts, I didn’t even use the Corally ones once!

I have a Sketer but i have not tried those tiers on my Asuga.
Somebody on Youtube has run them, but they were having issues with their receiver signal so couldn't drive the car properly.

I'm looking at these as a hopefully better option than the stock wheels/tyres, I hope the wheels are more durable!

Running 6s? I only run 4s and no problems with the stock tires sofar 🤞
Nope, only 4S. The tyres are great, grip level is about right, no ballooning and they haven’t come unglued. The wheels are hopeless, I check the tightness of the wheel nuts before every run and am using serrated Arrma nuts. The wheels keep stripping the hexes out almost every run.

Nope, only 4S. The tyres are great, grip level is about right, no ballooning and they haven’t come unglued. The wheels are hopeless, I check the tightness of the wheel nuts before every run and am using serrated Arrma nuts. The wheels keep stripping the hexes out almost every run.
That sucks indeed. TC has 2 make hexes in the wheels a bit ticker. They are really think indeed.

That sucks indeed. TC has 2 make hexes in the wheels a bit ticker. They are really think indeed.
Agreed, the hex is too thin and the tolerance is not precise enough, the axle hex can rotate slightly within the wheel.

Can you say if the Sketer wheels are much different in this regard?

An update to this, I bought a set of Sketer wheels/tyres as well as Arrma Fortress Mojave wheels/tyres.

The Sketer wheels fit with no issues, but they have a lot of offset to them and are much wider than the Asuga wheels. Therefore not really suitable as I think they will be detrimental to the handling.

The Arrma Fortress Mojave wheels are much closer in width to the originals and have the same offset (close to 0) they are slightly larger diameter though and are the heaviest.

I have decided to go with the Mojave wheels for these reasons, however the issue is that the rear wheels catch on the top of the hubs and on the lower hub suspension hingepin. My options here are to fit wider hexes such as the M2C 3160 kit or to sand down the ribs inside the wheels.

If anyone is interested, here are some measurements I took:

Original
130mm diameter
51mm wide
170 grams

Sketer
135mm diameter
70mm width
215 grams

Mojave
138mm diameter
57mm width
227 grams

UPDATE:

I fitted the Mojave wheels/tyres and have run the car for several hours, it drives great, steering and handling is very similar to the originals but there is noticeably more air control which allows ore confidence when jumping and makes backflips a possibility!

The handling is not hampered due to the wheels being the same offset as the originals as well as they tyres not being much wider and only slightly larger diameter and higher weight.

Bearing in mind though that it is necessary to modify the inside of the wheels and the rear hub carriers, see photos. The front doesn't need any modifications.

Asuga.jpg

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

Back